RSS Feed Print
Working whan not working
SteveSanJose
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:52 PM

Here is how I started working without earning a living. When I coun't no longerwork, at the job I had for 31 years, as a graphics designer. I made a last of the things I liked about my job. The financial aspects was just one part. I also enjoyed working as a group, being artistic, of filling our accomplishment, and being busy. When you make yourself as a busy; as I am, weekdays; or Wayne you do a volunteer job; you are accomplishing a majority of the things on your list. This gives you the same feeling of accomplishment, since you are filling everything on your list, except the financial benefits. There are very few people just work for a paycheck. They also work for other reasons. Find out what those reasons are, and it will help you adjust into the not working for money world. For instance; going to a ADC or ADHC program fills all the going to a job fealing, except the financial benefit. It's the same feeling of going to work Be active like being job active. See it now ?
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:11 PM

That is wonderful advice for all of us. Thank you.
eaglemom
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:17 AM

I just want to encourage and thank you for the wonderful advise.  We've just started this journey with DH.  He's been an engineer for 33 years..........I'm going to suggest this idea to him.  Good positive outlook.