RSS Feed Print
Young Adults Dealing with EOAD
kateruny
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 2:10 PM

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've visited the boards and my situation has changed since the last time I was here. When I was 18, my father was diagnosed with EOAD. He just passed away on November 14, 2010. The time was especially difficult because of my age and it highlighted a lack of resources aimed specifically at those of a younger age.

My purpose is to request information. I'm looking to start a blog/website that does the following: present what I dealt with during that decade in hopes that it might help others; provide a clearinghouse for resources specifically aimed at young people; and to present q&a's with young adults and young spouses, even young EOAD sufferers.

If you have resources you'd be willing to share with me, be willing to do an email q&a with me, or if you're just looking for support, feel free to message me. 

SteveSanJose
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 5:12 PM

Sorry for your loss. Were you also your fathers caregiver? There is a caregivers who lost someone form in this site. This site would also be a excelent place to start a Teens who family members have Alzheimer's Form. Ask to adminatrater, To start on or become a Peer Volunteer. Ask one of the volunteers on ho to become one.
EHCoerver
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 10:56 PM

Kate, if you are still interested in help for this site/blog I would be more than happy to help you in anway I can. Information, resorces, or even just helping you with setting up the page itself (I am a freelance web designer.)

Please let me know how I can help.

-Liz