RSS Feed Print
What to do about December stress?
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2014 8:36 PM

We become stressed when we become overloaded with tasks and demands, and anything that is too much for us.  This is the time of year when the calmest of us can become easily stressed.   

People should be able to enjoy their holiday, and not be rundown by the time it gets here. 

One answer is to decrease the tasks and demands.  Cut your To Do list in half, or even lower.  Change your expectations!  Lighten your load! 

No expectation or tradition is set in stone.  You might even think of making new, less stressful traditions.  I have, and I feel just as happy with scaled back activities.   

I feel celebratory yet relaxed, and not overwhelmed.  I hope you can feel celebratory and relaxed, too. 

Iris L. 

eaglemom
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 9:32 AM

Excellent posting Iris.  Last week I felt as though all we did was run from here to there.  I try very hard to  not have that be the norm for us. He did very well - I watch him like a hawk, and at a two hour point I can tell he's ready to leave, and we do.

I will say we had tickets to see The Texas Tenors on Thursday night.  I was very hesitate because by night time we are both ready to be home.  But this was a gift from friends & we were meeting them there.  The performance started and what a wonderful time we all had. They took a 20 minute break in the middle and he couldn't wait for them to start singing again!!  Beautiful beautiful voices, the stage was totally decorated and we've decided this will be a new Christmas tradition the four of us do yearly.  Afterwards we stopped at a small diner & grabbed a snack then headed home.  It was a good day, a very good day. (And the next day we had nothing scheduled so he could just hang at the house & chill out.)

eagle

Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 10:19 AM

That sounds like a wonderful evening out, eagle!  Two hours away from home used to be my limit--I can stay out a bit longer now.  If I have something to do in the evening, I take a good afternoon nap, so I'll be refreshed by evening. 

Iris L.