RSS Feed Print
Pet Scan and Lumbar Punture Coming Up
Topdogjim
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 5:15 AM

I have left the care of Hartford Hospital for Yale New Haven CT. They (it seems) were able to get insurance approval for the pet scan, LP and another MRI. They were also talking about some grants they got this month for testing, not sure what though. I think it will all happen in the next few weeks. In late December I'm going in for the 4-6 hour cognitive testing. I'm not nervous about any of the testing. Of course I am nervous about the results but at the same time, I need to know. Friday was an awful day as the obvious signs of progression showed its ugly head. I lost a check $165.00, and a number of other things. I did find the check Sat on the washing machine. 

We'll have a great day, I'm planning on it  

llee08032
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 8:52 AM

Hope today is better Jim. Glad you found the "re-positioned" check. Good luck with your testing.
eaglemom
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 12:32 PM

Glad you found the re-positioned check. At the time it made perfect sense to you to place it there.

My only words of advice / caution is after the LP, follow the ordered exactly. Stay laying down, totally flat. Your attitude is good, no sense worrying about the testing. And of course your nervous for the results, but you'll do the best you can on that day and that will be it. You'll be fine.

eagle

Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 1:31 PM

Jim, it's good that you're getting your diagnostic process rolling.  Answers will appear, even if slowly.  

I try to place items on an open surface, so they are easier to find, but I don't always do what I intend to do.  I am glad you found the repositioned check. 

Iris L. 

The_Sun_Still_Rises
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:33 AM

Sometimes they tell you with LPs that it ok get up go potty, eat, etc...that you do no need stay laying down - THEY LIE!  Do no believe them!  If you can, stay laying flat you back for 48 hours after.  You will likely have get up some, but make it as short as possible. What you trying avoid, some places say it never happens...again, they lie, is the horrendous headache that can last two weeks or more afterwards. 

You want drink tons of water, help you body make more fluid.

Also...IF they going poke you back anyways...make SURE that they add labs for viral, fungal, and bacterial infections, as well as Lyme disease.  As these are FIXABLE causes of dementia...and, if they poking you back anyways, that just really useful things know. 

Hope that helps.  Also glad you found you check.  On the good note, checks ususally do no grow legs and leave...so, I comfort myself in knowing that eventually I will run across whatever it is I have lost. 

For me it the bathroom...or my clothes.  My living space in the house is rather small...so I know eventually I will run across them, so I try no trip myself out over it when I can no find something.

It always great find a place who knows how word things insurance.  I find it all comes down how they word it on the claim...some know this magic, others oblivious it so say no possible.  Good on you finding a way.  <3

Best luck with all that...and hope you will let us know how goes.

<3