RSS Feed Print
I need the old message boards
Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:01 PM

Now is the time I would be reviewing old posts to prepare myself for my appointment with the neurologist tomorrow.  But I don't have access to the old message boards.  I'm stumped.  I'm trying to recall advice previously given from memory.

Iris L.

Lisa428
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:47 PM

I know what you mean, Iris.

Just do the best you can.  PLEASE, let us know how the appointment goes.

Peace and hope,

Lisa

John891
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 7:06 AM

I agree Iris.  I need the old boards too because they were rich in detail and information.  Plus there was advice given to me that I don't remember and all I had to do is do a search.  They should seriously consider bringing them back.

Ttom
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 11:52 AM

John891 wrote:

1a) I need the old boards too because they were rich in detail and information. 

2) Plus there was advice given to me

1b) They should seriously consider bringing them back.

Hello John! TIn reply to your concerns...

1a) Have you looked at the alz.org site at the top of this sheet? Anothwer way of listing the same site would be  www.alz.org

2) Hopefully this site will be full of good advice also

1b) The old sitwe is currently being achived and will be available shortly.

Mimi S.
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 12:38 PM

Hi John,

Have faith. Eventually the tech people will give us access to the archives. 

Until then, there is nothing we can do about it.

How have you been? It's good to see you on the new site.

John891
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 1:03 PM

Mimi,

I've been doing good.  Thanks for asking.  I am not having much depression like before.  I just deal with the anxiety.  I made it a priority to walk 2 hours each day.  I am losing weight as we speak.  Did you have a good Christmas?

John

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 8:26 PM

Hi,John, It's good to see you.  We've missed you.  I'm glad you're not depressed any longer.  I was walking on a treadmill at the YMCA but I had to take a break because of knee and back pain.

Iris L.

John891
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 7:01 AM

Iris,

I avoid the treadmill because of similar problems with my legs.  I pay $8 a month for gym membership, but rarely use it.  I walk around my neighborhood instead.  Good to see you again. Happy New Year!

John

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 2:36 PM

Happy New Year to you, John!

Let's pray and hope that the new year will be better!

Iris L.

Cheryle Gardiner
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 10:35 AM

Iris L. wrote:

I was walking on a treadmill at the YMCA but I had to take a break because of knee and back pain. 

Iris L. 

Iris, is there any place near you where you can get into a swimming pool? After my hip surgery, part of my physical therapy was in a pool, and oh, my, what a difference that made! I could walk forever without any pain at all and just loved it!

I do hope you can find some place. It's great non-painful exercise!

Cameron
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 11:57 AM

Personally I think its quite ridiculous and very insensitive I might add that the archive from the predecessor forum has not been made available particularly given the fact that information being shared there may have been potentially vital (i.e., potentially life or death) where relevant information could make a serious difference in many peoples lives. Just how long does it take for professional IT persons to reformat, if needed, and implement a GUI for accessing? I am a retired software engineer and it does not take very long at all.
Iris L.
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 4:25 PM

Cheryle Gardiner wrote:
Iris L. wrote:

I was walking on a treadmill at the YMCA but I had to take a break because of knee and back pain. 

Iris L. 

Iris, is there any place near you where you can get into a swimming pool? 
Cheryle, the YMCA has an outdoor heated swimming pool.  Although this is "sunny" southern California, it does get cold at times. It's too chilly for me right now to swim outdoors.    My back and knees are doing somewhat better since I've been giving them a break.
Iris L.

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 4:29 PM

Welcome to our online support group, Cameron.  Are you a patient dealing with memory loss?  Please come back and tell us more about yourself.

Since you are an IT professional, please visit the "Website Issues, Comments and Questions" message board and let the Administrators know of your impressions and comments.  It is the last board on the Discussion index.

Iris L.