RSS Feed Print
What impact did live Chat have on your life?
heart
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:16 PM

I have had the pleasure to chat with a few of you from this message board. I have learned so much from you ,and it has helped me tremendously in my journey of caregiving for my loved one.  So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help and support.

I am curious to know the significance of live Chat on your daily life. I have read some of your posts that you feel lost without it. I would like to know if Chat impacted your life as much as with caregivers.

For me, AD is a learning lesson,and I continue to want to understand more about this disease. Thank you for your help.

Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:21 AM

Heart, I answered you on the first board, "I have AD" but I will add this.  On the old board, chat room 4 was reserved for dementia patients.  Now we don't have anything. except the chat room that the caregivers found.  Dementia patients cannot keep up with the flow of conversation on the regular chat rooms.  That's why we need our own chat room  Dementia patients liked to chat with each other.

Iris L

Ttom
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:14 AM

heart wrote:

... my journey of caregiving for my loved one. 

I am curious to know the significance of live Chat on your daily life. I have read some of your posts that you feel lost without it. I would like to know if Chat impacted your life as much as with caregivers.

Dearest Heart. I understand from a lot of the caregivers that live chat is extrmely helpful for most of them. I suppose that when your at a low point, live converstation is what is needed to make you feel better.

For me as a person with the crud, not so much! I don't go near live chat as it is always faster than I can keep up with.

My disclaimer:
I'm not a professional in this area, only a person with AD that cares about others and can express myself yet. Diagnosed at age 58 in Stage 5, now appear firmly in Stage 4 for now- wonderful meds! I 'm 62 now..

We encourage you to call the Alzheimer's Association's 24/7 Helpline

1-800-272-3900 . Ask for a Care Consultant who will be available

Helpful hints for slowing the progression:

1. Get Early detection
  2. Start the required drug therapy
  3. Avoid stress
  4. Mediterranean diet with antioxidants and Omega 3
  5. Mental and physical exercise

LATER... Tom