RSS Feed Print
This is OUR board.
Iris L.
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 8:03 PM

Dear Fellow Patients, 

Our lives are changing and we need other people like ourselves to connect with.  Recently we have suffered  the loss of several of our members, the loss of one of our mentors, and the loss of our old threads.   

I feel real bad and I suspect some of you might feel the same way.   But I feel we have to pick ourselves back up and forge ahead.  We still have our two message boards and our chat room.  Let's hold on to each other and KEEP GOING! 

Let's keep posting and keeping our fellow members up to date on what is happening with us.  We are the ones who know best what's going on with us and how we feel and what we need.   

I felt in a very depressed mood this AM.  I finally got myself together and went to the library where I picked up  Fran Drescher's book, Cancer Schmancer.  It's about "laughing at the crazy things life offers even when it's biting you on the ass."  I feel the need to read something uplifting. 

Iris L. 

Lisa428
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:07 PM

Iris,

You are right.  These are OUR boards.  It is sad to loose mentors and other members.

This is still OUR place to talk, cry, scream, be sad, share information, new ideas, new drugs studies and coping mechanisms!!!

This is, also, a place to share happiness, successess and tears of joy!!!

I have been on these boards since 2007.  They have saved me.  I hope to help save others.

I have EOAD and I was a caregiver to my Mom with AD/Vascular dementia.  My Mom died one and a half years ago.  I miss her.

Please, come and join us.  Share what you want.  We are here.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

SteveSanJose
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 1:13 PM

Change is part of life. Where it is things like plastic bag bans, which is a new thing here in San Jose; smoking bans; you adapt. Adaption for people with Alzheimer's are harder then others. So we must relearn to adapt to live.