RSS Feed Print
you can find ANYTHING on youtube!
nomemo
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:19 PM

i was at my cognitive therapy appointment today and my therapist and i were discussing and working on my increased difficulty doing things in sequence, i.e. washing dishes, making the bed, etc.  then, she thought, "wait a minute....you can find ANYTHING on youtube!", so we went to youtube and typed in "how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" and lo and behold, the visual instructions were there!

we then typed in some other areas that i have difficulty with, i.e. making the bed, taking a shower.  and visual step-by-step instructions were brought up.  the good thing also was that i can stop at any time and reverse.  can be done on computer or ipad. 

hope this could be helpful to others, also.

Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:17 PM

This is a great idea, Nomemo!  You're very fortunate to have a therapist who is willing to work WITH you in finding answers for your difficulties, and not tell you there's nothing wrong with you, like my psychologist did.

Iris L.

Myriam
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:04 PM

Thanks for the tip, nomemo. Now, if I can only remember it when I will need it!
File Attachment(s):
MC900437561.jpg (13856 bytes)

Juliana EOAZ
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:57 PM

Great Idea. As for remembering where to find this Great idea.........

I'v been  transfering 

(by email or Facebook or journal) 

these great hints for the 'Future me' as this disease progresses

to my Daughter. 

Juliana EOAD

Paul Hornback
Posted: Thursday, May 1, 2014 9:16 AM

Nomemo, what a great idea. I've used youtube for many "how to things" I've never done before. Now your idea is a great reminder to use youtube for things I forget how to do. I'm adding it to my coping skills list.

God Bless, Paul