RSS Feed Print
Our Dear Mr. Toad On Video - Xlnt. Presentation
Jo C.
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 5:24 PM

Our dear friend, Mr. Toad; aka, Jim, has been making community presentations re dementia; here is a one hour video of the presentation he makes to various groups; it is well worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJj4jCyoMxQ

Both Victoria and jfkoc found this. Aren't we just so proud of him?  Very selfless man.

Next step;  To get Jim to run for office!  He has a PhD, is science based, has a wealth of common sense, truly cares,  is competent to do the job, and certainly he knows the practical aspects of caregiving needs from a personal bottom up experience.

Heaven knows, no one else in office is paying reality based attention to this and cleaning up Medicare and Medicaid and care facility issues or organizing a national social program geared to keeping the elderly in their own home rather than being placed in long term care.    Jim would be perfect in taking the initiative and keeping the balls in the air.  

I do wish Mr. T. would drop in and let uis know how his Kathleen is doing, it has been awhile an we do miss him.

ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 12:14 AM

I think I'll use his "Egyptian river....denial" quote for myself.  I know that river too well.  Sometimes, I think I'm still floating on it.  

She was so young.  Makes me wonder if the treatment for cancer contributed to the dementia in Kathleen's case.  Something for me to think about, pros and cons on deciding what to do if I get cancer.

This is such a good presentation.  I didn't know Jim had a stroke while caring for his wife.  Very scary.

Thx for sharing.

BethL
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:50 AM

Well worth watching! Thanks for sharing the link!