RSS Feed Print
For Myriam
John891
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 12:26 PM
Hi Myriam,   I know a while back you suggested this lighting thing that helps lift depression.  I have noticed that when I turn on regular lighting esp flourescent it really makes me feel better.   What is the name of this lighting again. I could not find the poster where you gave this information.  I remember it cost a lot, but I am willing to try it out regardless of the price.  Thanks     John
SteveSanJose
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 12:55 PM

Very interesting. I did some research and found a interesting article on just this -

Here is the link  http://www.brightenyourlife.info/ch3.html 

Here is the Mayo Clinics link on light therapy for seasonal depression -

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/light-therapy/MY00195 

Hope this helps.   

John891
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 7:55 PM
Hey Steve, thanks for the links.  From what I remember posted there was a special name for the lighting product Myriam talked about.  I can't purchase it if I don't know the name of it.  I looked for the post and couldn't find it.  Memory loss sucks.     A suggestion for the AD Administration:  You guys need to bring back that feature where we could click on our name and find our old posts.  It doesn't help those with dementia because we can't remember what we posted or what was posted to us.  Unless I am overlooking something.  Thanks.  Also Administration, what happened to the return (enter) button?  It's not working at all.
Myriam
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 8:20 PM

Hi, John. It's a full spectrum lamp. Mine is from the SunBox Company. I bought it in Seattle when I lived there at a shop that sold plants and aquaruims, oddly enough.
John891
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 8:55 PM
Thanks Myriam
SteveSanJose
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 9:23 PM

Here is how to find all your past posts. First find any of your posts. Click on your user name, then on the Activity tab.  :-)/\:-) high five
John891
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:37 AM
Steve thanks.  I did what you suggested and only found three days worth of my old posts.  In the old system, we could review our posts from months or years back.  Once again administration, you wanted feedback from us.  Please bring that back.  I also liked it when I clicked on someone's name I could find their posts as well.  Some people are really informative and supportive and it is nice to review their old posts too.  Just a thought.   John
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 9:01 PM

John891 wrote:
  Once again administration, you wanted feedback from us.   

John and others, please go to "Website Issues" and voice your opinions there to Admin..  Myriam has started a thread for Complaints and Suggestions http://www.alzconnected.org/discussion.aspx?tid=2147485588&g=posts&t=2147485441 .  Please add your comments there if you like.   

Back in December the Moderators began a thread of complaints and suggestions, which members added to.   

If we want this message board to be better, we have to let Admin know what we think. 

Iris L.