RSS Feed Print
Hello, anybody here?
Andrew60
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:44 PM

A few days with no new posts. Thats the longest gap since I joined. I hope and pray that means you are all doing ok (considering), and that this forum will soon be hopping with new posts.

I know many of you have recently found it more difficult to post, so when you can, I will be looking forward to reading whatever you have to say.

I think within the next 2 weeks, we will have our 5 year old granddaughter for a 2-3 week visit, but her mom will have to stay in NC. We had our little girl for 6 weeks last summer, and she keeps me on my toes, and very tired at night.

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:37 PM

Has it really been a year????
Andrew60
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 9:47 PM

Yes. She arrived one year ago yesterday. Im hoping I can still do all the fun things we did last summer.
eaglemom
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 10:58 PM

I am certain you'll be having fun all day and sleeping well each night.

eagle

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:36 AM

Here Andrew. The tone of the board has changed for me and I find myself reluctant to post. The posts from some of the most recent attacks on members who have kept the board going for years have been removed. Nevertheless, there seems to be a cloud hanging over the board.

Even the Musings board has changed. Perhaps I don't do change well these days? I hope some of the persons that had so many complaints step up and keep the boards going and that the changes without some of us here are as good as they anticipated. -Love to all

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:58 AM

Its sad that this is the best AA can offer people with dementia and caregivers. They only care about them selves and not the folks who are suffering. 

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2018 8:41 AM

I have been associated with the Alz. Assoc. since diagnosis many years ago. I am diagnosed with AD. although never tested for amyloid. I was active locally and nationally before finding this spit and then becoming a Peer Volunteer.

As a PWD, it has always been my experience that staff have been supportive of me and in personal contacts have alwAys made sure my needs were met.  I have always felt staff are equally concerned about the PWD, the Caregiver and scientific research.

The staff has no control over who posts here and what is said. The ffactg is thre aren't that many of us PWDs who have the cognitive and physical ability to participate on this ite.  My hope is that as more folks are diagnosed in the earliest stages ad those folks participate in the various things that may slow down the progression of the disease, that the world will see that there is an early stage to this disease.

I do know that staff are doing a lot to educate diagnosticians and the medical profession about the existence of this site and the Alzheimer's Assoc. and other such organizations.

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2018 6:05 PM

Hi Dolor,

It works for me. If you are having problems call the help line and ask for help: 1-800-272-3900

Andrew60
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:08 AM

Thanks for all the replies.

This board has slowed to a snails paces as compared to when I first joined. Yes, Im guilty of not posting much, but I still enjoy learning from you all.

I thought my 5 year old granddaughter was coming for a short visit, but instead, is moving here next month. Her mom will fly her out here, stay a few days, and mom has to go back to NC for job purposes,  and then will move here permanently in Nov. 

It will be challenging, tiring, but thoroughly enjoyable having  my little Milly here. She keeps me engaged, and thats good for me so I cant over watch TV. It will be different having a kindergarten age child here, but we both are retired, so nothing but time to devote fully on her. My wife will probably do some sort of volunteer work at her school, so times will be changing for us.

I use to say “its all good under the hood”, but Im not so sure that term applies anymore....lol

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:16 PM

Good for you, Andrew.  Will your granddaughter stay with you until her mom returns in November?

I got a chance to speak with my 12 yo grandson today.  Today is his birthday.  

Iris L.

Andrew60
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2018 6:55 AM

Iris L. wrote:

Good for you, Andrew.  Will your granddaughter stay with you until her mom returns in November?

I got a chance to speak with my 12 yo grandson today.  Today is his birthday.  

Iris L.

Yes, she will live with us, and when her mom gets here in Nov, they will both live with us 
until she gets a job, or longer if my daughter enrolls in school.