RSS Feed Print
advanced Parkinson's with Younger-Onset Dementia help
SPIRIT-2
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 10:23 PM

i have Living with Parkinson's disease since 1979 with Young-Onset Dementia ,and am all alone and cant live alone and cant  do day living stuff or think half the time and and after 1 yr i have got no help and all the gov - health places, and all my DRS keep passing the buck. in NV i have been throw all the places from 211  and ageing and disabled places. i am alone and soon to be homeless. i have lost my mind 

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:54 PM

Spirit 2, I'm sorry I am responding so late, I just read your post.  I too, live alone with significant cognitive impairment.    I have a lot of difficulty in functioning.  I have had to learn a new way of living.  It is possible.  The outside world has no concept of what we need or how to help us.  We are left to figure this out on our own.  

I suggest you contact your local chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.  You can call the Helpline at 1-800-272-3900 and ask to speak with a Care Consultant, who is a social worker with expertise in dementia and caregiving.  You will be able to get a referral to local resources who can give you specific help for your specific situation.  I have done this, and I did receive help.  Keep asking for help!  There is help out there, but you have to search for it and be persistent!  

Iris L.