RSS Feed Print
Christmas Flash Mob
Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:07 PM

Merry Christmas to my board mates!

This was posted by a caregiver a few years ago:

AMAZING Christmas Flash Mob at Mall by Journey of Faith - GodTube

www.godtube.com/watch/?v=KGPKWPNX

An uplifting performance to give everyone a moment of joy.   

You will have to click "Play" if it does not begin automatically.

Iris L.

Jo C.
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 10:01 AM

Lovely, Iris; thank you.

Here is one that is a bit unusual . . . . a child is standing in the center of a mall with a sign that says she needs help . . . . however; most of the throngs of people walk right past her without stopping.

A few did stop and this is what happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEK2Jwzqpg8

Angels unaware . . . . interesting in that it was a grandmother who stopped first.

J.

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 5:44 PM

Thanks for posting, Jo.  Merry Christmas!

Iris L.

LadyTexan
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 10:29 PM

DH and I have been married 6 years. He is only 55 and was diagnosed with dementia recently. I’m not sure yet what kind or what stage. We will be meeting with the Neurologist at the end of the month. 
I am dumbfounded by DH’s family. They expect him to think logically and act normal. I have suggested they read up on dementia. Instead, they have disengaged from us. I am sad because family is important to us both. And we need their love and support as we begin this challenging journey.
DH can no longer work. We relocated three months ago to be closer to better healthcare. Now DH is estranged from his family. I’m already overwhelmed and it’s still early days. DH is depressed and he is also stubborn. I’m going to plant the idea of an adult day program. Any suggestions on making it appealing for a man that has been fiercely independent and self reliant most of his life? 
Thank you all for any guidance.
LadyTexan
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 10:35 PM

Ooops. Looks like I posted in the wrong place. Please accept my apologies. I’m new here.