RSS Feed Print
Mom came to visit
Blaize
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2019 11:59 AM

I lost my sweet mom this past July and I never thought I'd be typing a post along the lines of a "visitation".

Mom was blind along with her dementia so when she woke up whether in her bed or in her recliner, if she didn't know someone was close she would holler "helloow".  Sunday evening I'm sitting on the couch and I hear helloow . . . 

I lost it, tears flowing down my cheeks, saying "hi mom" and carrying on a full one sided conversation.  Part of the conversation was asking her to haunt my adult son and tell him I love him.  He called Monday evening out of the blue.

Tuesday, I come home from work and the Echo Dot is playing a song from "Where Butterflies Dance", now IF Alexa was even on that day it was playing a local Iheart radio station for the dogs when I left. 

So I stayed quiet to see what was next, "Catch a Falling Star and Put it in Your Pocket" . . . huh?  That song was one I can still see my 7 year old self sitting on the love seat while mom ironed with the radio playing and singing together. . . then, a song from Liquid Mind (it's a beautiful Reiki type relaxation music group) then it played a Bing Crosby song, then another Liquid Mind. . . and another 1940's song, where I'm going is I've never known the Echo Dot to do a "mix" of various artists like that.  We've always just asked for specific eras or artists.

Again I'm filled with awe that Mom has come to visit.  Now I'm almost afraid that she's come to say she's okay and won't be back. *sigh*

Ah yet again the wound has opened and the tears flow like a waterfall.

. . . just sayin. . .

Rockym
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2019 1:43 PM

Blaize, how totally cool for you.  My mom passed last May and in the beginning it was almost overwhelming the signs from her.  My dad (passed in 2004) actually came around too for a bit.  If you are open to it, she'll come again. 

If you are interested in stories, I posted the "Anyone feel their LO hanging around" post when I was feeling a little freaked out.  I haven't had as many visits lately, but I think it's because I am kinda at peace right now.  Who knows.

Tink4495
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 12:58 AM

That is awesome Blaize. I lost my mom to this disease 3 years ago. I have had several visits since she passed but none recently. I keep hoping she is still hanging around as I miss her so much and those little signs warm my heart.
jb crick
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:45 PM

Wow, that is a really interesting visitation. You should feel good about your spiritual connection with your mom. It warmed my heart when my wife visited me, so much so that I look forward to it happening again.

Is it possible echo dot can hear a ghost talking (even if you can't) or pick up the vibs of your mom's spirit?

Skittles412
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 8:04 AM

Wow Blaize I'm crying just reading your post because it reminds me of a very similar visit from my mom I had last week.  I got home last Friday from work and when I slid open the sliding door to my house I heard Jerry Vale who is/was my mother's favorite singer. It was playing pretty loudly on my Alexa Show.  No one was home so there is no way it was activated by anyone in my house.  I sat at the kitchen table and cried.....tears of happiness because I know she was there.  Then (as you said) my wound was opened even more and the tears of sadness came streaming down. God I  miss her.

-xoxoxox -Kat

AmyJo5
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:56 PM

I am so happy for you, Blaize, and I hope you are taking comfort in the presence. When I felt my dad after he passed years ago, his "visits" were so comforting. I felt a euphoric connection to (and faith in) the afterlife as well as him. My mom passed end of November and I wait longingly for a visit: at times desperate, at times angry, always cold and alone. But when I read about others' visits, I feel hope again. Thank you for sharing.
GigiSD
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:30 AM

Your post moved me to finally register here and join the conversation. I have been reading the posts through the years of caregiving for my mom and recently switched to reading the the Lost Someone posts as Mom passed away in March 2018. I have found such support and solace through everyone's experience but yours opened the tear floodgates to an even greater extent.

I jumped on here this morning as I had my second visitation dream in a year last night. Maybe it's because we are approaching the year anniversary or maybe its because I went to the cemetery last week as it would have been Mom's 76th birthday, either way, the dream was startling in comparison to the sweet, calm, "thank you" dream last year. 

You post was written on her birthday. My mom was also blind and also called out Hellooow at first very sweet and at later stages in terror...and the song Catch A Falling Star was also a childhood singalong favorite of ours. I will count your post as a type of visitation for me because that song took me way back to happier times. I needed that this morning.

Thank you.

Blaize
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:53 PM

To All that responded,

{HUGS} {HUGS} {HUGS}  As we all know how it feels.

GigiSD, I'm glad I was able to bring your mom in the post. 

Blaize