RSS Feed Print
Using my quarantine time
demiscared
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2020 4:29 PM

Since I lost my DH on March 2nd and we didn’t have his Memorial yet and have postponed it till May, I found these really cute shirt pillows to make.   We have 6 kids and 14 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren.   I’m not making them for the great grandchildren but for everyone else.    The tag on them reads “This is a shirt I use to wear, I hope when you hold it you know I’m there”.    If I get them all done, I may make some extras for his brothers.   Yes he had that many western shirts.   It gives me purpose during these trying times.  

I am still wondering what my new normal will be.  First, I went through years of isolation with him at home with me.  You how it is, people don’t know how to handle dementia.  Second, after placing him in Memory Care, I thought I would find some sort of life.   But that didn’t happen because he was abused and neglected there, I couldn’t relax or stay away because of this.  So no normal there.  Then I got him moved to a wonderful residential home where he was loved and being taken good care of to find that he had a UTI that had been going on for such a long time that he could no longer urinate.  He never recovered from that.   

When this covid19 is over then maybe I will figure out some normalcy for my life.  Because of my own auto immune problems I am forced to stay home and away from others to keep myself safe.   

I will survive because I have come a long way not to!

Keep It 100
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:59 PM

That is so very beautiful—what a wonderful idea. A very meaningful keepsake treasure to pass on. It’s a very good distraction at this time, too. 

I hope you have some good support in place while you’re in isolation. Stay safe, and stay healthy.