RSS Feed Print
For Iris
Willow
Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 9:51 AM

Hi Iris. I read last night on a post that you were very discouraged with this new board as opposed to the older one. I wanted to reply to that but now I can't find the post so I'm doing it here.

You are such a lovely asset to this site and very much needed. It's okay for you to get in a funk and be grumpy. You're allowed that and we love you just the same. You have been such an encouragement to people, myself included, time after time that it would be like a death not to have you with us. Actually I have tears streaming down my face as I write because I feel your pain  and don't want to lose you.

You mentioned in that post something about having a hard time reading so I've begun to bold all my postings now and space the paragraphs a bit apart. I hope this is helpful to you.

Please don't feel like you have to be perfect and perky all the time. We all have our days of darkness.

I don't have any idea what the old board was like since I'm a newbie but I'm ever so grateful for all of you on this site...

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 11:39 AM

Thank you so much for your kind words, Willow.  The old board was of immense aid to me when I joined three years ago this month.  I learned things none of my doctors knew to tell me.  The support from the members kept me going, because they encouraged me to believe that my life was not over and that there was hope.   

I'm so discouraged with this new board because I fear that the newly diagnosed patients and those who suspect memory loss will not get the attention they need.  That's my concern.  The support in the outside world is limited.  We have to take care of each other.  There is nowhere else to receive the personal attention that our fellow members give so generously. 

Willow, I'm not as involved as I once was because this new board is harder to work with but I want to help and encourage the new members and old members as I have been helped and encouraged.  Please keep reading and posting.  There is life after diagnosis.  There is hope. 

Iris L. 

frustrated047
Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 1:36 PM

Iris, I will second what Willow wrote.  I am not familiar with the old boards, but have really appreciated reading and hearing all that you have posted!  You are so very right about the limited amount of support out there.  Hope you and everyone are having a great day!