RSS Feed Print
its not the same!(2)
hopeful30
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:03 PM

hi this is Lorene, i miss all you guys, its like no one can hear me anymore. this place is confusing and i dont know if anyone can hear me talk. Geegee, Mimi and  Tom and all my other friends can you hear me? do you read what i write?? i feel out of touch and dont know why. i miss all the silly stuff! i cant even make a smiley face anymore!!
Geegee
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:17 PM

Lauren,  In your #1 post, I talked about your concerns that things just aren't the 

same here.  Now, about the smileys:

I also miss the smileys we used to have!!!!!   It's a pain and not as much fun  

but I make them this way: 

I use a colon :   And then a parenthesis  )        when you type it it looks that  

way and then when you hit the post button it converts to an  

ugly-but-better-than-nothing-smiley!  LOL!   So here's your smiley fix SGF! 

:- / 

Lisa428
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:04 PM

Hi Lorene,

How are you?  Many of us are still here.  Some have decided to move on.

Yes, we are listening to you talk.  What is going on with you?

What have you been doing and How are you doing?

We're here, Lorene.  Please, talk with us.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

hopeful30
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:46 PM

to AGF, THANKS for the many smiley faces!! they cheered me up. i had one of my "confused" days yesterday and didnt even realize i had already done a topic. you ARE awesome for being my friend!! and Lisa i will continue to talk to you guys, you are all i have to keep me from losing whats left of me. your concern and humor keep me going, so THANKS!!! ((((HUGS)))))
Lisa428
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 3:29 PM

Lorene,

We are all dazed and confused sometimes.  Try to go with the flow or take a nap.  Sometimes, that re-freshes me.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 7:36 PM

I've had to get up and get out every morning this week.  Two doctor's appointments, one lawyer appointment, one talk, and one court date.   

I can't even remember the last time I had to get out five mornings in a row.  Each appointment by itself was not difficult but I'm still worn out and exhausted.'@^@||| dizzy 

I agree with Lisa.  Time for a nap. 

Iris L. 

Be Strong 2
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 9:05 PM

Naps are good.  I take one a couple times a week, and I don't have dementia. You who have the disease amaze me.  You do a lot better communicating than you take credit for.  I can only imagine how much energy this takes.

I keep all my wife's appointments with her, visit her at least every other day, visit some dear friends in assisted living and even go to some of their medical appointments with them.  They get so confused sometimes.

So, anyway, I often feel completely exhausted and a nap is just what is needed.

Thank you all for being here.  You are a great encouragement to me.

Bob  

SteveSanJose
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:11 PM

Change is one of the hardest things we have to do, memory problems or not, for it is life. Life is change, those of us with AD we have to do it diferently or slower. Find out what works for you.
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:55 PM

Hi, Lorene, how's it going?  

I hope you have a good St. Paddy's Day!  

Iris L. 

Lisa428
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:57 PM

Lorene et al,

I am still going through some changes.  I am slowly loosing ground and I am aware of it.  It sucks and it scares me.  I became very depressed.

I started going to my therapist more often for help.  She explained to me that I am using up all my resources on "maintaining Lisa" and helping others.  She said that I must allow myself sleep and rest whenever I need it.  Rest helps me a lot.

Be kind to yourselves.  Sometimes even selfish.  Take the time you need to rest and rejuvinate.

I've had to give up on maintaining the old Lisa and now put my energy on the new Lisa with EOAD.  The old Lisa really doesn't exist anymore.  I must embrace my New self and learn to be OK with it.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:07 PM

Yes, you MUST embrace the new Lisa!.  You must do whatever it takes to embrace and cherish her!   This life is all we have.  It can be done!   

Look over your Best Practices, and get your rest.  Avoid anything that is stressful.  Repeat, Avoid anything that is stressful!   We can have a good life but we just can't handle stress anymore! 

I'm still coming to grips with this myself.  I just don't have the energy to deal with negativity anymore, whereever it may come from.  I feel bad about this but this is how it is. 

Your therapist sounds helpful.  Does she have experience in dealing with the seriously ill? 

Iris L. 

hopeful30
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 12:21 PM

i fight resting during the day because i somehow think i will miss precious "awake" time so i will myself not to fall asleep til bedtime. have any of you done that??? also when i post i have help to print words exactly right so everyone can read ok, is that ok or should i just type stupid stuff on my own?? my pride want everything i write to be readable to you guys so i get help, even with the right words which i cant seem to find lately!!!
Iris L.
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 12:38 PM

Your typing is fine, Lorene.  I don't notice any problems.  But then, I'm not the typing police, so...  Don't worry about it. 

I find myself not wanting to miss anything at night.  I think that's why I have a hard time getting to sleep.  I need to get to bed earlier but  I feel like there's too much going on for me to go to bed.  But the funny thing is, there's NOTHING going on!  Same old, same old!   

What to make of that?  It's like my mind doesn't accept that my life is not like it used to be twenty-five years ago.  Part of my mind is still living in the past.  Whew!  What a revelation! 

Iris L. 

Lisa428
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 1:38 PM

Yes,  my therapist has dealt with dying people as well as chronically ill people.  She is great!  She helps me get all my crazy thoughts together so they make sense.

We all need to learn to live in the present.  We don't need to forget the past but we can dwell there anymore.  We are who we are now.  I am learning to accept my new self.

It's easier said than done.

Hang in there everyone.

We're all in this together.

Peace and Hope,

lisa

Penney
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:47 AM

I'm new to the discussion boards.  I'm the caregiver of my husband who has EOAD and I spend a great deal of time on the caregiver board but I feel I can get a better understanding of what he is going through and dealing with by peeking in on this board.  You all are an inspiration to me.  Your wisdom, self-awareness, and candor will guide me through this jouney with my husband.  I am grateful to each of you and I can only hope that knowing that brings you some level of joy.  I can not pretend to imaging what each of you, including my husband, are going through but thanks to you all, I beleive I have better insight.
TommyT
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:35 PM

I Lorene,

Ttom here and yes I hear ya! I've been lost also and had to come back a month later as TommyT

Its kind of confusing forf me as well but WE will make it! Right.

Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:40 PM

Welcome to the message boards, Penney.  Your husband is fortunate to have someone in his life who cares and wants to understand and learn more about what's going on with him.  Many of us patients are not so fortunate.

We'll help as much as we can.  Do you have any specific questions or concerns?  Have you visited the Spouse/Partner board?

Please keep reading and posting.  

Iris L.

Mimi S.
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:03 PM

Hi Penney,

I too, sneak in here. I'm AD, just not Early Stage. if your husband can participate in these boards, please have him do so. 

Have you contacted your local Aliz. Assoc. Chapter. If not, get their # by phoning 1-800-272-3900. Then call. Ask if they have support groups in your area for Early Stage. There are a very few support groups for Early Onset, so be sure to ask about those.

hopeful30
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 2:44 PM

TommyT, are you really Ttom??? how weird!!! do you know why we didnt come here as our old self??? Lorene missed hearing from you!!! you are my "connection" whatever that is!!