RSS Feed Print
bra on backwards and having fun
alz+
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:30 PM

It is blasted hot where I live, which is not supposed to be this hot even in August.

Had a birthday last week! yes, figured out the bath tub and hair washing and got dressed to go out for Mexican food.

Husband and I had great time. at end of day I got undressed and found I had put my bra on backward and it made no difference at all. Ha!

I lost 16 pounds and it came off the top.

Some of you know I have had a problem with too much stuff in our house and we are starting to get somewhere.  I was able to separate the clothes I would actually like to wear for summer. Now have 8 dresses made of nice stretchy t-shirt like knit so no buttons, zippers, and over the head, done. 

Husband is still regaining his strength and mind after the B12 episode and this is making it easier for both of us. I make a point to do things for him, my sole caregiver, and to make his life as easy as possible.

Have been puzzling over the condition as usual and still believe, for me, that without the fear, dread, self-loathing, doomsday prognosis it is just another way Mother Nature takes me home. I do find hours of considering flowers, or hunting for rocks, or wondering are as worthy as anything else I ever did in life.

I ask myself, "What if this illness was presented as mindfulness in spades?" what is forgetting, the loss of personal ambition, was a sate of consciousness that was valued?

Bonus to me: neighbor has a friend coming for the summer who is a massage therapist (I used to be LMT) and is looking for work! Will be staying 300 feet from my house! Jack pot heaven I hope because my muscles are getting really tight and I need some deep body work.

Hospice nurse told me to eat a banana a day and see how it goes, so I have been and the spasms have quieted down. Cost 25 cents.

Question everything! Travel your own path, love everyone as best you can, avoid the people who are too much work.

share your story, invent a better way to travel this road

Lisita
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:07 PM

Beautiful picture bra on backwards ha ha . Where do you live. I am in the mountains of nc for a few days off. Good for the soul. Hope you can get away with your bra on the right side . 

Lisita

alz+
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 5:40 AM

We live near Lake Superior, in woods on an old ski hill. Very low population, forests, very small towns. I can roam the ski hill summer and fall as it is cared for by the ski hill people. The lodge has a swimming pool my husband cleans so swim there for free.

North Carolina is beautiful. Enjoy mother nature!

llee08032
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:24 AM

Ahhh...that's what I'm talking about. A cheery, funny post. Bra on backwards, underwear inside out but on nevertheless. Give yourself credit for seeing the humor and remembering the shoes. I needed this, this morning. Happy Birthday!!!! Thank you Alz!
Jo C.
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 7:27 AM

Happy belated birthday, alz+.   We both have a birthday in the same week; isn't it lovely to have May be our special month?  Your day sounds as though it was a very good one. 

I grew up right near Lake Superior in a tiny UP town that also had a higher than heck ski jump.   Love my real "home" and sure do miss it, but perhaps not the winters.

Omigosh; how funny to find the bra had been doing its own thing.   It would be pretty unsettling to have the bra be on backward AND have the cups be filled . . . . thank goodness that was not an issue for you.    

You gave my morning a good chuckle; thank you for that.  

J.

Andrew60
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:45 AM

First, I have to state that as a man, I feel awkward responding to part of your post, but it was very funny about the bra. I look at my wife like she is Harry Houdini every time she reaches inside her shirt, and magically pulls out her bra, without removing her shirt.
Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:23 PM

Image result for happy belated birthday images

Happy Belated Birthday, alz+!

{{{{{{{{ alz+ }}}}}}}}

Iris L.

Carolyn613
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:02 PM

The comment about inside out underwear made me smile. I have a friend whose daughters have younger half-siblings. My friend told me one day that the half-sister had given my friend's daughter a hand-me-up (the younger girl was bigger than the older one, because her mother is bigger than my friend) of Barbie underwear. After several days, my friend went to do laundry and didn't find any dirty underwear from her daughter. She asked about it and learned that the child loved the Barbie underwear so much that she couldn't bear to stop wearing it. So she wore it the usual way the first day, then backwards the next day, then inside out and frontwards the 3rd day, then inside out and backwards the 4th day, then sideways one way, and then sideways the other way. I asked how on earth you wear underwear sideways?! My friend said her daughter figured it out. She managed to get the underwear away to wash it. I think the girl was like Linus when his blanket is in the washer and dryer.
Canada111
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2018 11:24 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

You put your bra on backwards. That's harder to do than putting it on correctly, so I think that's genius. Funny anyway. Me, I would have panicked and said uh oh, I am really losing it. You have the best attitude, and I always learn from you. 

ssb60
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:50 AM

OMGOD!!! Bra on backwards!! LOL!! Love that, love you!!! Love your upbeat attitude. I've been so depressed and wallowing in it for year over brother's dementia. Your post has been a wonderful dose of therapy. Going to print it out and read it when I need to be uplifted!! Thank you so much!! Much love to you!!