RSS Feed Print
finding the board through alz.org site
alz+
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 9:30 AM

as I confounded my computer lately and deleted History from beginning and lost all my bookmarks - just saying to find boards through the alz.org site was too complicated for me.

are people coming the alz.org site and not finding the boards? I suppose someone will tell me there is a big purple box with Patient centered Discussion Board right in front!

anyway, I marked the site so don't have to search again. But if it has been difficult to find or know there is a forum to help patients it may explain why use has dwindled.

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 10:41 AM

That does not sound like an easy route. Actually the new foremat on alz.org has me confused. New  does not mean better in my world.

All I need do is type in "al". A list of previous sights is brought up...alzconnected is one of them.

I can also type in the whole word and then enter.

alz+
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:01 PM

yeah, but I deleted all history so started  from alz.org not the "connected" part, and could not find a link to connected boards on landing page of alz.org

so if someone is at the landing page looking for info and they have alz or other dementia, it did not appear to even reference a message board forum anywhere.

but now I have it on computer again. It just occurred to me I could send a question to the org but am intimidated.

true!

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2018 4:05 PM

The old Alz site had a tab for "message board" on its dashboard.  

Now I have to look for something (I don't remember what the tab says), and then look for "community", then "online community".  

I agree with you Alz+, it is hard for a PWD to locate this message board.

Iris L.

BadMoonRising
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2018 7:13 PM

Home page.

Scroll down, second purple section (help and support) has a box entitled "related quick links", click "online community".

I am beyond irritated that the Alz Assoc brought in over $327 million in FY 2017 and is seemingly incapable of providing a simple user friendly Discussion Board. This is not rocket science. 

alz+
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2018 6:28 AM

a week later I see it is "ALZconnected"

so 2 different sites

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2018 6:53 AM

Not sure if this will help you.

https://www.alzconnected.org/default.aspx

I also have had issues finding it when i loose my book marks. This site is so bad and they all refuse to do anything to help improve it which is very sad. I even offered to get people from MIT to volunteer their time and it was refused. I was told it was about the money but when I got it for free they turned it down. You figure out why these folks are so stubborn to make change. I would not give them a single penny for donations.