RSS Feed Print
After a long absence, I'm back
Despera-termined
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 9:29 AM

Well I think it was a long absence.  I finally found how to look at when I was here last and now I can't remember what I read.....imagine that. LOL
I do remember someone telling me to type in bold and short sentences and paragraphs.

I totally understand that now.  

I've been reading over some of the post for a few weeks now and finally decided to jump back in with you all.

I'm 52 now, progressed since my last showing here but I do recognize some of the ones that are still posting here.

I guess that's all I want to say for now.  I could be a Negative Nancy by how about a Positive Polly.  I thinks that how you say it.  If not that my version of it.  

My grandchildren are here for a visit and my precious grandson just woke up and it's time to spend some quality time with him.  

Children are more of a joy to be around than adults!!!

I will return later.

Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 4:32 PM

Welcome back. Love your avatar!!

Enjoy your grandkids.

Do let us know what's been going on in your life.

Despera-termined
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:00 AM

Thank you Mimi.  

I almost replied I'm glad to be back, but really...…..NOT.    LOL

But I am so, so  glad to be able to come here and talk to others that really GET it.  

My neurologist retired and I had a 6 month wait before the new one could see me and then I ended up with the flu and had to cancel.  Another 6 month wait and finally made my appointment.  

I told my Mom on the drive to the appt that if I didn't like her that I wasn't going to see her again.   I didn't and I haven't.  

I told her the best thing about not having a regular visit to a neuro is those blasted tests.  I didn't have to take them and fail them.  Oh, it was so nice to not feel like a failure or feel the pressure of knowing you were about to fail them. 

Long story short, my PCP retired and I had to get another one of those too.  I live in a small town and wasn't really impressed by any of our other local doctors so I chose one in the next closest town.....just a wee bit larger than my own.  LOL  

He wanted to set me up with a neurologist, darn......I guess he saw right through me.  So he did, I did and I am pleasantly surprised that I like him.  He's satisfied with my current meds so I go back in 6 months.  

You know what is so nice about conversing on this site as opposed to someone in person...……...you guys don't know how long it takes for me to come up with a word to use in my sentence.  LOL  So nice!!!

Well I shan't write a book, so I will close now.

I pray everyone has a blessed day.

DT

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 4:26 PM

Welcome back

Iris L

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:05 AM

I'm pretty sure I remember that avatar. Welcome back Despera.
alz+
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:49 AM

so glad you are able to share here again. I  love that peacock too.