RSS Feed Print
shaving legs in bath tub with reading glasses
alz+
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:39 PM

I am home alone so soaked in bath tub listening to radio and decided to shave my legs - for winter. My reading glasses were next to shaver on tub edge and I managed a couple long strokes with my 3.50 readers before I caught on.

Just dropping by to say the divorce solution is moving along, Keeper is training for a new job today which comes with a place to live so he will be moving out over next few weeks.

It has taken awhile to learn how to handle impending changes, each of us has learned to stay focused on becoming best friends instead of husband wife. So far he has done a lot of cleaning out and we still get to have long talks.

This may have been crazy, my memory of events leading to this decision are already fading but I do know it was important.

Being best friends is going to be safer, more fun, and more helpful to both of us. I don't want to have to learn new things, I am scared,  things will be interesting.

love to everyone

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 8:37 AM

You are one brave person.
ExpressoTime
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 10:52 AM

Alz, I shaved my legs a week ago or so and then noticed out in the sunshine that I had missed spots. So I grabbed some lotion and shaved right out there in the sunshine. Good lighting helps. 

I ditto Michael that you are brave to take on this separation. Don't be afraid! A new chapter, and yes somewhat of a new life and adventure for you. You can do this! 

alz+
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2018 10:20 AM

Thanks to Michael and expresso Time for replies.

Keeper was set to start work at his new job which came with small apartment and I helped him pack his car with stuff for setting it up a couple days ago. He went to work intending to put the stuff into the apartment and they had decided to use the apartment for a group space.  

Watching him pack up has been very hard. He suffers too and yet we have been kind to each other and he has been really helpful, maybe because we now feel the magnitude of what we are doing.

When he leaves now I feel butterflies and the weight of being sole person in charge of dog is like a 40 pounds backpack.

Have been trying to get up nerve to call back woman who is going to help me with rides and house cleaning. I hate phones more than ever and she does not have cell phone to text.

happy news is that my winter bird have arrived and come when I call "Hi birdies!" so they must be same ones from years past. They are enjoying a brunch right now.

Andrew60
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2018 9:28 AM

Glad your birds have arrived to give you some company.

As others have said, you are one brave dementia pioneer to tackle this journey mostly on your own. I hate being by myself, so the thought of being alone overwhelms me.

alz+
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2018 10:56 AM

Andrew - important that you know if you feel better having others around and that is pioneering. There are fundamental conditions that make getting through this a lot easier. people have preconceptions that color what happens  

This illness has a fear based prognosis which I feel can be questioned