RSS Feed Print
Anger Issues Anyone???
Despera-termined
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:14 AM

Good Morning All

I’ve had a certain woman that has been a thorn in my side for several years now. 

We see each on monthly basis in business setting. Each month she complains about the same iasue that I have went out of my way to resolve without any cooperation from her. These complaints are voiced in front of the entire group instead of privately  

Once again it happened and I bluntly told her I couldn’t help any longer. Following the meeting as I walked to my car I came within a millisecond of throwing my drink in her face.

I’ve never acted out like that. Have any of you had such actions/reactions?  Desires to just say the heck with it and do something and probably enjoyed doing it?

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:34 AM

I hate what I have become. I fly of the handle over the stupidest things and I just can not control myself until something is said to me. I some times think of my self as Dr Jackal and Mr Hide. This is one part of the disease I really hate as it makes me look so bad. 

Mimi S.
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:19 PM

Hi Despera.  Were you diagnosed by a neurologist specializing in dementia?  Was there any hint of FTD?

The important thing is that the person has irked you, you had the urge, but CONTROLLED IT.

Good for you!

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:56 PM

Despera, PWDs tend to lose inhibition and thus have less control over behavior.  Since you are aware of this, you might think of ways beforehand of how to deal with this.  Don't do anything that would get authorities involved.  

PWDs need to make a serious effort to avoid stress and people and situations that are agitating!  

Best wishes to you!

Iris L.