RSS Feed Print
Difficult days
gcortez
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 1:42 PM

It’s been a little over five months my precious momma went to the Lord. With the holidays coming upon us, I can’t say it’s any easier. My sisters  and I are getting together on Thanksgiving  in honor of momma. Momma always made any day special for us, especially the holidays. It’s been said the first without your loved one is the hardest.  I just miss momma so much. All I hear is that she is in a better place. I get all that. It just doesn’t make it any easier.  My momma and I had had such a strong bond. With her illnes, we were even closer. At times, I was her friend, sister, cousin, and mother. Through all that she always told me she knew she was loved.  Yes, there were many hard days. What I would give for one more day. Momma is in my heart forever. 

Thank you for listening,

Gina. 

Skittles412
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 2:09 PM

Hi Gina:

It's just a little over 5 months since I lost my mom too. It's so very hard. We can't help but miss our mothers.  It's even more difficult during the holidays.  Our firsts will be so so hard. Just know that you're not alone. Sending you strength and hugs today and in the days ahead.

xoxoxoxo -Kat  

MissHer
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 10:22 PM

Hi everyone

My precious mom has been gone for 2 months now. I understand the missing them. Sending prayers and hugs. 

Tink4495
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 11:21 PM

Sending you all soft hugs. There really is nothing we can say to make the pain go away. I remind myself that I am thankful and was blessed to have my mom for my mom and for as long as I did. She has been gone just over 3 years and I miss her so much every day and especially at the holidays as she too always made them so special. Just know you are not alone, she is always in your heart and we on this board are here for you.
Wgonzo
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:14 AM

My heart is with you, Gina. This is such a difficult time. I know for myself that every month that marks my mom's passing brings so many mixed feelings.

And, it's hard to think about celebrating the holidays when you feel so sad. As for me I feel my parents are with me everyday. They are a part of me and everything I do in my life is because of everything they did to teach me about life and love.

So, as difficult as it is we have to carry on for them and us. And, while your with your family know your mom is smiling from heaven seeing you all together.

Wendy

MPSunshine
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:08 AM

Hi, Gina, I think it is very dear that you and your sisters are getting together for Thanksgiving in honor of your momma. I will be thinking of you and all of us as we get through the day. I hope you can think of some sweet memories of your momma to hold you and your sisters up through the day.
KML
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:03 PM

My mother has been gone for 18 years now, it doesn't seem that long ago in my mind, but in numbers it was a long while ago.  I still miss her, holidays are hard, I wish she was here still.  My father has been gone going on six years.  I miss him still.  I will always miss them, always wish they could still be with me, so much more I want to say to them, to be with them.

My cousins recently had a dinner that they prepared together in honor of their mom.  They made all of her favorite family recipes and I thought what a wonderful way to keep her in their hearts and to celebrate what she left behind.  There's comfort there, that knowing some things will remain, the most important is the impression they have left in our minds and our hearts, nothing, not even death can take that away. 

I wish you comfort and peace and being with people who love and care for you.