RSS Feed Print
I need help(1)
Carmenh
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:40 PM

my dad had pick’s disease. Unfortunately I was the only person involved through his journey. I had bury him Sunday and I can’t deal.
Jo C.
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 5:24 PM

Dearest Carmen, I am so sorry for the death of your beloved father and I understand what you are expressing.   You have been a deeply caring, loving daughter who did her very best and you have gone the distance to ensure his care.

Though it may not seem so right now, you will find your way through this one small step at a time even though it is not easy and the heartache great.   You had a wonderful loving relationship with your father which was a gift for both of you.  He must have been and must be very proud of his daughter.

As the days are moving slowly forward, it may be good to contact a local Hospice and inquire into their bereavement support.   It is best to be able to make connection for support as much as you can.  There are also community bereavement groups and some at local churches in each community.

I would also like to share the number for the Alzheimer's Association 24 Hour Helpline at (800) 272-3900.  If you call, please ask to be transferred to a Care Consultant.  There are no fees for this service.  Consultants are highly educated Social Workers who specialize in dementia and family issues and they will understand and be able to offer their support.

We are all here in support of one another, and that includes you too.

With warmest thoughts being sent your way from one daughter to another,

J.

MissHer
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:50 PM

Carmen

Welcome to our community. I'm so so sorry that you just lost your dad. It hurts!  We sure do understand and I lost my precious mom 2 months ago. It might help you to join a grief group and we are always here to listen. Sending a hug.      Deb

MPSunshine
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:06 AM

Hi, Carmen, I'm very sorry for your loss. You did a good thing to reach out. Sometimes sharing will help ease the burden you are feeling. People here will try to support you the best we can.
Skittles412
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:00 AM

Hi Carmen: Sorry you're here but very glad you found us. The first thing to know is that you are NOT alone. We all share your pain.  This site has helped me so much (lost mom a little over 5 months ago). Please reach out to hospice or continue coming here for support. We are all here for you.

xoxoxoxox -Kat

Tink4495
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:57 PM

Carmenh,

I am so sorry for the loss of your father. all of us here can truly feel your pain as we have been through it as well. You have come to the right place for love and support. We are here for you to help you though this difficult time. Sending gentle hugs.

TessC
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:37 PM

So very sorry for the passing of your dear father. It leaves a big hole in your heart-I know-I lost my father, too. Time heals-as well as finding peace with the new normal. Take care and reach out to doctors, or clergy and talk about your feelings.