RSS Feed Print
Epilepsy keeps me out of Alzheimer studies
Shayjayoh
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2019 11:37 AM

I have been trying to get into studies that are available in my area to either add my data to help scientists cure AD, or studies that provide trial medication or new testing for AD.  Having been diagnosed with Epilepsy fairly recently, and spending these years trying to gt it under control, I have not been accepted in any study.  Has anyone here been able to join a study with epilepsy?  How did you do it?  Anyone else have information on whether or not these two diseases are connected? 

Thanks for your input.

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2019 11:56 AM

Welcome Shayjayoh.  I have been told I was a good candidate for clinical trials several times, but I was deemed to be ineligible since I don't have a caregiver to accompany me.  It is not uncommon for PWDs (people with dementia) to develop seizures.

Iris L.

Shayjayoh
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:00 AM

Thanks for your input, Iris.  My husband is willing to go with me which is amazing since he is self-employed and losses money each time he doesn't work.

I agree that there could be a connection since the seizures and MCI started pretty much at the same time, but were determined to be two separate things. 

I'm sorry you don't have anyone to go with you.  I'm sure you could be a great asset to these studies.