RSS Feed Print
Smartphone class
Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 7:05 PM

Yesterday I attended a free class sponsored by CTAP to learn about my smartphone.  CTAP is an agency in California to assist people with disabilities with using telephones and communication devices.  

I resisted getting a smartphone for years, until I was forced to after I inadvertently dropped my flip-phone into the washing machine.  The class yesterday was eye-opening!  I learned so much.  The most important was how to use the touch screen properly.  All along I have been doing it wrong, and thinking that my battery was going bad because the response was so slow, or it didn't respond at all.  Who knew?  

I also learned how to find my voicemail, how to make the font larger, and how to find the flashlight.  I didn't think my phone had a flashlight.  Wow!  There is so much that I didn't know!

Iris L.

Bestgrandma
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:06 PM

I am happy for you Iris. Getting a smartphone for the first time can be intimidating. Luckily for me I had my daughter spend some time with me explaining the features to me. Still to this day I have questions on occasions. Funny thing is my husband and in-laws refer to get a smartphone.
jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:49 PM

I would love a class like that for my phone and my Ipad!
Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:50 PM

There is a separate class for iPhone users.  

Iris