RSS Feed Print
Dementia Travel Survey Please help spreading the word
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:50 AM

HI Everyone,

Our Mn group got final permission from the University of Minnesota to send our Dementia Travel Survey out!  We would love your help letting others know it’s available.  WE are looking for those with dementia and their travel companion to complete the survey. 

Here is the direct link to the survey

https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9RiZgJueGEXFRt3

Here is a blog post with a bit more background about the survey

https://alzheimersspeaks.wordpress.com/2019/07/08/traveling-with-dementia-airport-stories-survey/

alz+
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:05 AM

love the new ways you are helping us Michael.
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:31 AM

Thanks, Sadly there is one person on this part of the forum who disagrees and keeps trying to get these removed. AS you may have noticed the last one was deleted. All of these are meant to hopefully improve the lives of those with dementia and their caregivers. Not sure why people do not understand that. 

alz+
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:26 AM

I don't get it either.

My legs have been shaking and weak, the doctor sending me to a neuro psych doctor. Now I fell, body giving out. 

at doctor intake forms - they hand me 8 sheets to fill out. what? I left most blank and wrote alzheimer's across page. 30 questions on gender, are you a female or male or uncertain? 20 questions on drug use and jail time. 

long STD section.  this is why I don't bother with medical world. I am having very hard morning, thought my legs might recover by today. Oh well.

I think my family is smart and compassionate, they remain clueless and distant but they are able to clean out my house and sell it. I still have to ask weekly to remind them about financial stuff (pay bills, get new insurance) and then they don't tell me if they took care of it or not.

went off topic, can't even make it to vet appointment for my dog this morning. Trying to get myself calmed down enough to go to this insurance meeting. Maybe it will go better than I thought. If I am going to break a hip this week I'd like insurance to cover the hospice but - oh well.

crazy stuff!

alz+
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:32 AM

Michael I saw this ad in newspaper, testing for ALZ gene for free.

I would do this if I knew it was not a scam or endanger my children or something.

have you ever heard of this?

North Bay Neuroscience Institute Swab Day - Free

come in have cheek swabbed, FREE - to determine genetic markers concerning future health concerns. 60 - 75 years old

choose if you wish to receive report or not

Dr Allan Bernstein

https://www.endalznow.org/studies/generation-program-multiple-sites/north-bay-neuroscience-institute

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:26 AM

done
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:47 AM

I trust the BANNER ALZHEIMER'S INSTITUTE and know many folks at that location. If you should have issues just let me know. They are not a scam. 

Unforgiven
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:50 PM

Alz, next time they ask you confusing questions about gender, answer that you have forgotten.  That will serve them right. LOL

About insurance, make certain that this is a form of Medicare supplemental insurance to cover deductibles and co-pays.  I was under the impression you were my age, around 70, and would have Medicare coverage.  Medicare does cover hospice but not custodial care.

It would be a very good idea to have someone with you, even more important than the medical exam, as this concerns finances and can be very confusing.