RSS Feed Print
keyboard memory loss when people quit board
alz+
Posted: Monday, October 7, 2019 6:34 AM

have been typing since 1971 and writing since a child.

past 6 years have written here and emails. one day    i was typing away and not one word made snse, wa s hitting keys one side or other of letter I wanted. 

like could type one day not next. tried not to panic, have had hours of typing normally agai n then gone again. so it is not LOST, the muscle memory, but now speaking is getting blocked. i want to tell Habib something and he waits, and waits and then I say I can't change thought to words.

members here who have quit - the writing gets too hard. expression.

days go by now i don't write. listen to audiobooks on headphones, raymond chandler crime noir novels. some 8 hours long, i can listen and my mind wanders, just go back and lsiten again. got headphones and for deafness very nice! $6 from target.

anyway, when not typing anymore want you all to know how much I love you and appreciate your kindness towards me, patience!

clear thoughts, being told to face the facts.

my care partner and I are both memory challenged, we assumed our adult kids were going to come help us both but they are doing what they can in their own busy lives. we just figured out we have to find someone to fix stuff for us on our own.

we don;t expect to fix much of anything else then. they don't understand the struggle.

if i am not here much it is cause typing is too much to clean up that day, but I still think of everyone with love and appreciation.

partner thought i should call pahrmacy to renew prescription and I cried in fear of using phone. his response was bewilderment, hour later he said "I'll call for you."

the dogs have been great. I tell them we have picnic at 3am, go outside and pee and have beef scraps (partner asked local grocer if they had soup bones - were treat for my dog - they said no - but they have to throw out beef ends and he could have them. ) 

so twice week he gets bag of beef chicken turkey ??? in abag. I get the dogsm to go outside and pee and then they get scraps. no more wetting in house! they love the beef picnic and pee party - chance to look at stars too.

choking is a thing now too, will go back to doctor that wanted me to try to behave better not get help with things i wanted. they wanted me medicated for happiness, so i resisted. now kids and partner consider me plenty happy enough so might get help with swallowing choking, forgot what else.

i am very content - like my dad. I even sit and watch clouds with a dog at my side like he did.     i feel my dad close by, this is not so bad.

going to make food for thanksgiving and invite people around us to stop in, since kids busy. have tried to go to costco for months, too scared, maybe try this week. 

my room is commfortable! have old art on walls.  my partner does my laundry for me now in town and except walk dog and go to store I stay home. I most comfortable at home with dogs.

love and courage

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Monday, October 7, 2019 7:30 PM

Writing has become hard for me to. That is why I stopped writing speeches and giving up much of my advocacy. Please do not worry about us here and enjoy life the best you can. 

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, October 7, 2019 11:15 PM

Alz+, I feel comfortable at home too; perhaps too comfortable.  I just spent three days going to NY for a funeral; I did fine, was not bothered by the chaos and noise.  I don't have any trouble with typing.

Iris Lewis