RSS Feed Print
Opening my heart to go on.....
milmac111
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 7:20 AM

I lost both my dear husband and dear mother this year. I hope this helps someone else too.

I can shed tears because they are gone, or I can smile because they lived. I can close my eyes and pray that they will come back or I can open my eyes and see all that they left for me. My heart can be empty because I can't see them, or it can be full of the love we shared. I can turn my back on tomorrow and live in yesterday, or I can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday. I can remember only that they are gone, or cherish their memory and let it live on. I can cry and close my mind and feel empty, or do what they would want me to do....Smile, open up my heart, live, love and go on...…..

jb crick
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2019 7:39 PM

Wow!  So well put. I often have many of the same conflicted feelings. I have found that over the past two year since Anne passed, my feeling have shifted to the positive. The tears are more frequently replaced by smiles brought on by more pleasant memories. And while my heart still aches for the loss of the love of my life, I feel like the luckiest man alive to have had such a wonderful women choose to spend the rest of her life with me.
Skittles412
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2019 8:09 AM

Thanks milmac, I read that not too long ago and it really did help me.  It never hurts to read it again. Sending hugs to you.
madmary
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 10:07 AM

Thank you milmac, that is just what I needed. It has been over 2 years that I have lost the love of my life.  Not able to leave the house unless my daughter dragged me out.  Hugs to everyone.

Mary

TessC
Posted: Wednesday, January 1, 2020 11:14 PM

It good to hear these words and I am trying to live my life the way I know my mom would want me to. Thanks for sharing and so sorry for your losses this past year!
Sayra
Posted: Sunday, January 5, 2020 9:57 AM

Thank you