RSS Feed Print
meds for aggressive behavior
Gleason
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2018 8:49 AM

Just what drug is given and how much if a person becomes aggressive while in nursing home and needs to be reevaluated in a psyc hospital.  A calm person becomes a stranger when his behavior is out out of control . Alz can change a person into a stranger in a short time  Anyone have a solution if the aggression continues within hospital care..
Rockym
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2018 9:11 PM

You may want to post your question in the caregiver section where you will get more replies.  This area is for those who have had a LO pass.
Gleason
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2019 9:24 AM

This person did pass so I am in the right place
AmyJo5
Posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:34 PM

I don't know enough to make suggestions: I do know my mom went into full-blown psychosis (including aggression, which we think was really fear) at the end. She was given Seroquel, one dose, and basically she went to sleep and never really woke up. And suddenly she was gone. We are still haunted by the series of events she went through and what impact meds may have made (or worsened) on the final outcome. It was horrible and I am sorry for what you've been through, Gleason. My condolences.
AmyJo5
Posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:35 PM

I don't know enough to make suggestions: I do know my mom went into full-blown psychosis (including aggression, which we think was really fear) at the end. She was given Seroquel, one dose, and basically she went to sleep and never really woke up. And suddenly she was gone. We are still haunted by the series of events she went through and what impact meds may have made (or worsened) on the final outcome. It was horrible and I am sorry for what you've been through, Gleason. My condolences.