RSS Feed Print
Hi I'm new here!
Nikki J
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2012 7:25 AM

Hello everyone

Some of you know me from the caregiver boards.

My mother died last Saturday peacefully with her family at her side after a long battle with AD. She had been in stage 7 for several years losing all speech and walking and was very impaired with her swallowing. I truly believe it was a blessed release for her but it still hurts as you all know.

Tomorrow is the funeral. I will be speaking. I am taking a break right now from organizing my remarks.

Soon I must write to her old friends who live in other countries for whom I do not have phone or email information.

I guess it is good to have these tasks to focus on. so much of my life revolved around her. I am lucky that I do have my wonderful husband and my part time job.

Right now I can't visualize my life without her. I know I had a life before I hope with time I can find it again!

Think I am rambling here sorry for that!

Just really wanted to talk to people who "get it"

love to all

Nicole

Beth in Indiana
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2012 8:28 AM

Hello Nicole - will be thinking of you today.  It can be a 'numb' period of time, getting things wrapped up, people contacted, business finalized.  And that's OK.  It protects you for awhile emotionally a bit.  Be sure you take good care of yourself now - like sleep if you can, good food, a bit of exercise.  It's so good spring is about here.  Just being outside and feeling the sun on your face and knowing you don't have to rush anymore.... It's a new and different feeling.  Totally embraceable!

Know that there are lots of other people sending you virtual hugs today.

Waiting for a cure
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2012 4:59 PM

Nicole, after I read your post on the caregiver forum that your mom had passed, I've been hoping you'd post here, and I'm relieved to see your post today.  You're in my prayers as you prepare for your mom's service tomorrow. Beth has given you great advice, and I just want to add that I hope at at some time after your mom's service, when you're ready, you'll post again.  As you said, we really get it, what you've gone trough and what you're going through now.
I pray God blesses you with happy memories of your mom that bring a smile, with sound sleep so that your body may rest, and people to surround you and love you as you prepare, and participate, and speak at your mom's service.

Nikki J
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:09 PM

thank you Beth and Waiting!

The service was beautiful will post more about it later

love

Nicole

SadinHeart
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:23 PM

Hi Nicole. I'm glad the service went well. I admire you for speaking at your mom's service. I dont think I could do that. I spent most of her service crying. I look forward to hearing more about it.

Hugs and prayers. We are here to support each other.

OMNI461
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:37 PM

Hi Nicole,

I'm glad the service was beautiful...what a great memory. I am looking forward to hearing about it. I hope your speaking at the funeral gave you comfort too.