RSS Feed Print
Doreen....
Waiting for a cure
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:28 PM

Been thinking of you....how are you?
Doreen
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:50 PM

Hello Waiting,

I really don' know how I am doing. I'm just existing, still feel numb it's like I have no feelings.

I was married all my life since I was just 19 yr. old and never have been alone. So this is quite a transition. It still seems like it is not real. We had just moved here

7-9-12 and no family or friends around.

I have had to handle so very much in my life for so long  that I think I am just numb because of everything, and now my husband is gone also, and I am alone. I expected him to live with alz a lot longer.

Thank you so much for asking, wish I was doing better but ....................I really am

trying.

How are you doing?

Waiting for a cure
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:42 PM

I'm relieved to get your reply, and I think I would feel the same way if it were my husband that I lost.  I've been talking with the hospice chaplain quite often, which I hadn't done until i met her the weekend I watched my mom die.

I don't know how i'm doing either.  I am working on processing the experience of the last 3-5 years.  I don't think I've even approached processing my loss after her death, that will probably hit me more later.  I miss her so much and what's hardest right now is how fast it happened. She was still driving 3 years ago!  So I relate to your comment that you thought your husband would be around longer.

Waiting for a cure
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:14 PM

Doreen, you said you and your husband had just moved mid last year, and that you have no family around.  Is it possible for you to move to where you have more support from family / friends?  You expected to have your husband's company for longer than you did.... you and he had a lifelong love, and I can't imagine he'd want you to be all alone now.  If it's impractical to move right now, can you take an extended vacation to be with a good friend or family member?  That person doesn't have to understand all that you've been through, just be together, even sit together quietly.  If you can't travel now, perhaps plan to travel during holidays that you'd find it difficult to be home alone without him.