RSS Feed Print
Bidet
Gig Harbor
Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2019 7:22 PM

A friend bought a heated bidet seat for her husband’s toilet. She said it is the best thing ever. It rinses him off with warm water and air dries him. He no longer wipes himself so does not get poop all over his hands. He smells better. The toilet does not get filled with toilet paper. She bought hers from Costco online. 

HusbandandCaregiver
Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2019 10:15 PM

Do you need a hot water access for heated or does something just heat the water quickly? I have been shopping on Amazon and haven't made a decision yet.
Jo C.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 7:23 AM

These bidet seats require an electric outlet behind the toilet.  Here is a link to bidet seats sold through CostCo:

https://www.costco.com/toilets-washlets.html

I am not so sure their pricing is much lower if at all compared to other sellers of bidet seats.

NOTE:  Be very careful of assessing the size of the seat opening, especially if a person is large or overweight.  Some manufacturers of bidet seats make special sizes to accommodate such a need.  I would think that sizing concerns for anyone would be for not only for width, but also for back to front size.   One size in bidet seats does not fit all.  One can use Google to search for bidet toilet seats for "heavy," "large," or "bariatric" persons.  Sometimes some of the regular seats require careful positioning more than others.

Also, note the strength of the water stream especially if one has a larger anatomy, if not sufficient it may not perform well.  Also, some of the water streams are limited for time, etc. so there is much to check out when shopping for such a seat.

One can also purchase a seat that has both "rear and feminine cleansing."  If one is going to look for ratings or Consumer Reports findings for such seats, be sure to use the year 2019 or at least 2018 so one gets current ratings for current seats.

Oh boy the things one learns when being a Caregiver.

J.

J.

Tony484
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 9:23 AM

We had good luck at a plumbing supply store where a salesperson knew what she was talking about. There is a big variation in pricing, with the higher end ones having all sorts of seemingly needless options such as night lights and heated seats whereas the low end ones seem to lack potentially useful options such as adjustable water temperature and adjustable characteristics of the water and air "streams". We went middle of the road for about $400. DW is in the middle or end of the early stage and I sold it as a "luxury" that I want (and so has nothing to do with her.) Hopefully that will give her plenty of time to get used to it and, ideally, to like it. We'll see.
HusbandandCaregiver
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 9:44 PM

Very good information, thanks everybody.
harshedbuzz
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:24 AM

Wirecutter just did a review of these.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bidet-toilet-seat-washlet/