RSS Feed Print
Colonoscopy(1)
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 11:17 AM

I see so many times how people are so concerned about get a colonoscopy for the person with dementia. I have one every five years and had one today. Other than the preparation for it which sucks the procedure always goes smooth. I make sure to all ways tell the anesthesiologist to make sure he uses the right kind of anesthesia and to use at little as possible. I was up almost immediately and they did find a pulp as usual. None of use know for sure how long any of our love ones will last and the last thing you want is for them to suffer from something else in the processes.  I now know a lady who has ben taking care of her loved one in the worst stages for over 22 years. I don know how she does it but it could be a lot worse if something else was adding to the issue. I really think you need to reconsider your decisions. I never want to be in pain and not be able to explain it. That is why I do all of these things. I never want to suffer to the end. I have had some kind of surgery every two years for the last 10. The key is speak to the doctors before you do it about having dementia over and over again.