RSS Feed Print
life after Rich entered long term respite care
Peg70
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 10:54 AM

As most of you know I was facing not being able to handle alz and therefore Rich, I put him in respite care and have had to extend it, do to doctors orders. I am not able to mentally handle it for a while, if forever, and with Rich still with stiches, bruises, pain from fall in NR, I agreed with him.

That was on 1/2/15, great start to the new year, I am on meds for the anxiety, and depression, which is helping, yesterday was first day I didn't just set and cry. I decided it was time to get off my duff and start doing something, besides feeling sorry for Rich and myself. So I took down Christmas tree and stacked it and all the other Christmas decoration in their boxes,put in the shed, not where they belong, but out of sight. Today I have started cleaning, not all that welll, but at least sweeping, mopping and dusting. I can't tell you how dirty it is, I can't believe I let it go so badly.

All I really want to say is that, please if you feel yourself at the end of your rope, don't force yourself further than you can handle, get help, put them in respite care, it doesn't matter about the emotional feelings and the finances will work out somehow, even though I'm not sure how at this moment, it isn't worth your physical and mental health. A small break now, might save you from having to face long term care, and possibly killing yourself in the prospect. They will be well taking care of and you won't be in the mental and physical shape that I am in right now. Whatever it takes, get help, none of us are super human, we aren't built to watch our loved one slowly die, and not be effected by it. I know that I will never be the same whether I can get to where I can get Rich out of NR and home or not, it is not worth the cost, to you. You are important, take care of yourselves. With all my prayers and Gods blessing to you all.  Peg

sadsandra
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 9:53 AM

Peg I couldn't agree more.
I had to place Tom in memory care facility Tuesday. It had become more than any of us
could handle, when he kicked our grandson Christmas, I knew I couldn't keep him home anymore.
He is in a great place.He is calmer
and adjusted right away, they tell me to be ok.because it's worse on
me than him. He doesn't know.