RSS Feed Print
The power of music to help persons with dementia
llee08032
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:50 AM

The developers of Purple Angel Music - which rewrites familiar songs to include practical instructions - are seeing remarkable results
Practical instructions to the PWD is added into the music!

pat1
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 3:53 PM

where can I get more info on power of music to help dementia
Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 8:21 AM

You can put Purple Angel into your browser.

Also try music and dementia.

What musi would have been popular during that person's teen and early 20's? did they like folk music? Find music that they liked.

If you can, begin singing the music. Let them sing along with you.

Simple instruments. Even and old pot and spoon. Did the person ever play an instrument?

BillBRNC
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:52 PM

65 here, with Alz. But, I play 5-string open back banjo and resonator tenor guitar. I play all kinds of music, although I live in the middle of Old Time, Bluegrass, Mountain, and Traditional music. I can still play, although I'm getting umcofromtable playing in larger groups. I like to jam with my buddies, but I've been thinkina about stopping, but I know I shouldn't, so I won't until I do. I just hope I can continue to play for a long time, even though I already forget what I want to play, then forget the key, then forget the words, and sometime forget the song half way through. who cares, I don't. I think the folks I play with are starting to wonder what is going on. I haven't decided when to tell. They just think I'm just playing around when I say I forgot something. I don't want to lose the ability to play, just saying.
Mimi S.
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 6:50 PM

My two cents and it's not universal. I think you should tell your friends and also educate them on all the things you can still do.

Do keep playing!!!!!  You may have to stop being in groups that cause you stress but even if just a friend or two meet and play, go for it!!!!