RSS Feed Print
Free Webinar Class - What to Know About Quitting Job To Become Caregiver
Jo C.
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:08 PM

Hi, Family Care Alliance offers free Webinar Classes time to time; this Wednesday, Augiust, 28; they are presenting information about quitting one's job to become a caregiver.

Use just go to Family Care Alliance to sign up for the program, it is a very good site; they are in California, but they addresss basics as well as national news and issues.

https://www.caregiver.org/

J.

SunnyBeBe
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:47 PM

I appreciate that.  I will check it out. I never thought that I would go this route, but, I am now considering it on a short term basis. I realize that I will need lots of support and assistance.
LovingAwareness
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 3:11 PM

Yes, thank you. I signed up, as I am considering going this route. Not sure how I will make it through our next "busy season" next winter, when I'm already struggling to make it through "slow season" right now, while living with/caring for Dad. I have intermittent FMLA approved, but working in RFPs/sales support with overwhelming case volume and inflexible deadlines, I can't really use it. Last week I was up until 4 am working one night and 2 am another to meet deadlines. Not sure how I can be an effective caregiver on 3 hours' sleep, or if I'm safe to be driving him to daycare in that state - and yet, I do, because I have to. If I quit I'll be broke in three years. Dead broke. Except for my retirement savings. And that assumes my car, my teeth and my two pet cats don't need expensive work in the meantime. It feels like a gamble - that Dad will either be gone or in a condition to have to be placed within three years, and that I'll be able to "get back in" a decent job when that time comes. I don't feel comfortable betting on either of those things, yet not sure how long I can maintain my health and sanity otherwise. But thanks for pointing out this webinar. Rather than trying to think my way out of this paper bag I'm interested in what professionals say about it.