RSS Feed Print
Just need to talk to my friends (115)
Lorita
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 3:47 PM

JUdith, my tablet changed suction to auction.  She was on that when she was in the hospital. She's been on oxygen quite a wh ile.  From what the nurse told me there's a lot of pressure in her intestines and the wall suctio n will provide continuous evacuation of he bowel conte nts and pressure.  Same with the N G tube which can also provide nutrition through it.

Made it into town for feed and some groceries.  Got them in the house but not put away yet. Just came in from feeding the girls and I'm resting some.  Lifted too much so Costo has me in it's grasp.

Jack called while I was in town. They're moving Pats y today to the N H 11 miles from their ho me. She's blaming him for what's happened to her. He told her if he hadn't she's have died and she said she wished she h ad.  Makes him feel awful.  I remember Karen told me once that she wished she'd died in the car wreck so I know how it made him feel. He's really down.

Jo, could Pats y being unconscious for so long have done something to her hearing? She thinks it has. Has some odd thoughts. She had an aunt in this NH and she once told me it was nice so maybe that will help.  At least he won't have to drive 60 miles to see her.

Back later.

Sayra
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 5:55 PM

Remember I am a respiratory therapist.  If I’m wrong hopefully someone from nursing will come along and correct what I am saying.   Since she is throwing up I’m guessing they put it down  and to suction to keep her stomach emptied to reduce chances of her aspirating stomach contents into her lung as that is not good.  Her feedings are probably on hold since NG hooked to suction.  

Poor Jack and Patsy.  Feel sorry for Patsy and I understand how Jack feels.  Jack doesn’t want to be in charge from what you say.  He was forced into it by the curves life threw at him.  Hopefully Patsy’s mind will improve but it may not.  Is there anyone at all that checks on Jack or that can help him.  If not maybe it is time for Jack to go to some type of retirement community.  That probably feels overwhelming to him too.  I hope that I do this while I am still able.  That is my thought process now anyways.

Lorita
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:39 PM

Sara, I'm sure you're right.  I talked again with her nurse- he seems like he's really concerned and keeps good check on her.  She hasn't been vomiting today so guess the suction and the . tube isWorking.  They're going to try giving her some nourishment through her feeding tube.  Still in pain and who wouldn't be.  She's getting IVs.

I feel sorry for Jack, too.  They need to get their TV going again so there will be voices in the house.   Maybe it would be better if he didn't visit for a few days but I doubt he'd go for that since she'll be closer.  I do hope her thought process will return to normal. She tells me he had changed.I

Please excuse things that don't make sense in my posts.  This tablet has a mind of his own.  Just found something - all kinds of them.

Filled the water tanks- girls just came up. Stormy and Sheena stayed out last night and he's slept on the divan since I came home.   Finally got things put away - glad that's done.  I'm tired. Glad I'm finished for the night except for supper.

I'll be happy when  I am able to talk with Sarah- miss that.

Sleep well.  Sara, how much snow did you get?

I bought a box of Velveeta cheese today ( might make Mac and cheese from scr atch).  It was $6.99 but had $1.00 off.  When Charles and I got married in 1971 it cost $.79 and was often in sale for $.59.  Quite a increase in price!

SQBEAR50
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:56 PM

Hi all,

Just got back to vegas last Sunday. Had a wonderful (too short) time with my husband, grandson, friends.  My Valentines with hubby was very romantic (as usual) don't think I can post how romantic on this site

I've been trying to "catch up" with all of my uncle's appointments. Newest thing is I took him to the podiatrist and there's no pulse in his feet and they're cold to the touch. Also very swollen (have been for awhile) he's on lasix and I watch his salt intake, but this man has always loved salt, especially

So the temporary guardianship was rejected by the judge due to the law clerk not reading/submitting all 235 pages of documentation!!! If this law clerk worked for me she/he would be reprimanded and would have to pay for the re-submission. 

Yet again my cousin and I wait while the documents are re-submitted. In limbo once again....ugh!! It's even harder due to I work in the legal field!! 

In the meantime my cousin and I are paying for just about everything for my uncle, food, meds, depends, attorney fees until we are able to use his money from his accounts (once we're granted guardianship we will be able to use his money)

I'm already exhausted.

N

Lorita
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:17 PM

Hi,

Nicole glad you had a good time while you  were home. Sorry things are not working out as you.planned for the guardianship.  I may eventually have to go down that road for my sister.

Sara- do you ever make cinnamon rolls? I'm thinking of trying them.  Sarah makes them and says they're easy to make.  I usually buy them at the store but they were out today so I thought I might try.

Sayra
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:42 PM

Nicole nice that you got some respite.

We probably did not get but around an inch.  I was pleasantly surprised and did not have to snow blow.  Just pushed it off.

Have never made cinnamon rolls.  Always thought it would be too complicated.  If they are easy let me know.  I do like a good cinnamon roll.

Hope everyone has a good nights sleep.

bunifoot
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:03 PM

Hi all......

Glad you had a good vacation Nicloe, hope it was somewhere warm.   We are going to warm up to the 60's by this weekend that's unheard of here in Nebraska this time of ear. Didn't have more than 3 inches of snow in a storm, but had the high  winds so blizzard conditions.  Yesterday i was just good for not a thing cried on and off all day, I thought I got thru that a few weeks ago, guess not.  But I did do dishes and laundry.  Today was much better.  Did get thank you cards written.  The hardest ones to write were to the hospice nurse, bath aide and massage therapist.  They became family in the 3 months they were involved.  Dang, I miss them. 

When I read the part about Pasty,  what we did for intestinal blockages was use a castor oil hot pack on the parts of the abdomen that seemed blocked it did loosen it up after a few days combined with miralax.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

Julie

Lorita
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:34 PM

Julie, after over five years I still cry, sometimes just from something I see on TV or something  I think of. Probably will never get over losing Charles.   I think it's all right and good to cry- I usually feel better afterward.

Sarah has gastroparesis, so her GI system doesn't work like it should.  This is the fourth surgery she's do had to try to help her.  She has a colostomy and a permanent feeding tube.  She's only 49- much too young to be so sick. She has a good attitude- much better than you'd think for someone so sick.  I do hope this surgery will help.

Glad you and Sara didn't have much snow.  This weekend is supposed to be dry and very warm.  Now the thing to watch for is prairie fires.  We had a wet summer and fall and the grass is heavy and mostly dry.  We didn't even get a second cutting of hay because it was to muddy.

Watching Broken Lance- good western.

Lorita
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 11:18 AM

Morning,

All quiet in Green Country this morning- kind of cool but there's a promise of a big warm-up today and the weekend. Grass is getting green.  The girls have slacked off eating hay and are  grazing as much as they can. Anyone would rather eat something fresh instead of dry.

It's almost time for the time change again- just six days.  I won't have to change the time on the clock this time- didn't change it last time. Hate that it's going to be dark later though.

Haven't called about Sarah or Patsy but will soon-hope they're both better.

Need to fill the water tanks again- those girls drink a lot of water.

Julie, hope things are better for you today.

SQBEAR50
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 6:49 PM

Thanks all for the welcome back.

Good news, finally got the approval for temporary guardianship (my cousin and I will share this responsibility) so we go to court on March 4th. 

My wonderful husband just paid off the balance owed to the private nursing company (the person whose was supposed to make sure this was paid with my uncle's money obviously did not) so I now can call in "help" when I need a break, run errands, etc. 

Thankfully our attorney for the guardianship will be asking for all expenses that we have incurred that pertain to our uncle to be paid back through our uncle's accounts.

The detective on the case for financial/elder abuse called my cousin and I. He's reading through the many pages of documents that we submitted to adult protective services (again the person(s) that were supposed to take care of our uncle were more than negligent!!) We're hoping charges will be brought against these people.

So FINALLY after months of being in limbo things are moving forward!!

N

Lorita
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 8:42 PM

Hi,

Nicole, glad things are finally beginning to be done. Seems like everything takes so long.  I know this is a relief for you and your cousin.

I've had a busy afternoon.  When I drove out to check the girls this morning I failed to close a gate.  So, of course when they came out front to loaf in the sun someone saw it was open and everyone came through.  Five or six were in the edge of the big meadow, several were in he northeast pasture and the rest were in the West meadow.  Had to get it in gear before they got too far away.  It was like a game, opening and closing gates to keep some in and some out.  Took about an hour and half a mile of walking but got it done.  Everyone is where they should be.  They were finding sweet, fresh grass and loving every minute of it.  Good thing they come when I honk the PU horn -had to use over a sack of feed to lure them anyway.

The boys are going to Tulsa Sunday and maybe one or two heifers, not sure.  I have one girl with horns and she's beginning to use them. If I keep her she'll have to be rehorned and  I hate that. They'll probably take off some for the horns, too. The man who will take them says they're down but it's dry enough now and might not be later.  The sale close to us is on Friday and that's risky because of the weather.

I hear wolves and coyotes and the GPS are wanting out.  Just at dusk they were really carrying on.

Talked very briefly with Sarah. Says she's really in pain, still.

Jack called to let me know Pats y has been transferred to the NH.  Still upset at him. She's in a semi private room with an older lady who sleeps a lot. Maybe they'll be friends.

I'm tired again- knees hurt and so does my lower back. May be getting  too old for this. Would help to remember to close gates.  If there's one open gate or broken fence wire the girls will find it and go through.

Sheena just came over and put her big foot on my knee- trying to get me to let her out.  Her feet are big and heavy.

Sleep tight.

I brushed her some first, then let them out.  All I do is unlatch  it and they open it.

Sayra
Posted: Saturday, February 29, 2020 10:10 AM

Thanks for reminding us about the time change Lorita.  I had not thought about that.

Sun shining today but don’t give it warming up til tomorrow.

Lorita
Posted: Saturday, February 29, 2020 10:53 AM

Morning,

Sorry it's not going to be warm there today.  It's supposed to be around 70 here but it was cold this morning.

I'm watching an LMN movie-don't know why I do that- always someone killing people.  Usual Sat. morning shows aren't on today.

The daffodils are beautiful this morning- so bright and yellow.  The ones on the north side are just beginning to bloom. Even saw some tulips coming up.  Roses should be leafing out soon.

Enjoy the weekend!

Lorita
Posted: Saturday, February 29, 2020 4:46 PM

Hi,

Juliepeoria, I've been watching Heartland Vets- really good show.  He's really laid back - kind of like our vet.  I think that show ranks right up where with Dr. Pol.  Good to find shows I enjoy.  Did you and your husband live on a farm?

I was born in the house where I live and have lived on this farm all my life except for two years. When I was five we moved to town so my parents could rest from the hard work. They bought the farm in 1936 and worked it for about ten years-then had a farm equipment and livestock sale and paid it off  - so they needed a respite. I'd be scared to death to live in town by myself.  Hope I never have to leave here.  Charles was a city boy but grew to love the farm and cattle as much as I.

Felt lousy this morning but am better this afternoon. Fed the girls and went to the mailbox.  I'll get the boys up in the morning so Raymond can take them to town around 2.  Hate for them to go but it's necessary.  Our neighbor just sold about 150 head- inbreeding had begun and he was losing cattle.  He was running black Angus but bought back some red angus.  Ours are Brangus but now getting a little more Angus since Alfalfa and Spanky have been visiting.

Haven't talked to anyone today except Stormy and Sheena, Barclee, the cats and cows.  Guess that's enough.

It's been beautiful today, very warm. Sunny earlier but a little cloudy now.   Need to stop and find something to supper.  Just had some yogurt so guess that's enough for a bit.

Back later.

ladyzetta
Posted: Saturday, February 29, 2020 6:32 PM

Hi All,

I had a exciting week end. The house I was pet sitting in had a tree fall on it. We were having 50mph winds and there was a big tree next to the deck and I heard a large bang looked out side and the base of the tree had gone right through the deck and the tree landed on the house destroying the awning and landing on the roof. The owners were in Montana, I was lucky myself and the dogs were inside the house and the tree did not come thru the roof.  The news said there was 10 trees down in the area I was in.

Lorita,  Sounds like you have had more worries then you need. I hope Patsy is settling in the NH and getting along with her roommate. Poor Jack I feel sorry for him having all that to worry about and having to take the blame as well.  How is Sarah doing after here surgery? Has it helped the pain she has had to deal with?

There is not too many people who live in the same house they were born in I think that is so special. I bet in your area that is probably more normal then in big cities. The house my Grandparents lived in is in Cherokee, Okla and my Grandfather grew up in it and it was rented out for a long time. My Grandparents lived in it for the last 20 years of their life. I have lived in my place for 25 years and I would not be happy living any place else. 

I accidently found something real good last night. I opened up a can of  mushroom soup and warmed it up and pored it over some warm cornbread it was so good I ate it all. YUM!

Take care all I hope your all doing good. Hugs Zetta    

SQBEAR50
Posted: Saturday, February 29, 2020 8:29 PM

Hi all,

A bit overcast today in vegas but still in the upper 60's. 

Speech therapy came today (I've noticed uncle coughing after eating) wouldn't you know it while speech therapy was here he didn't cough once when she had him eat different foods. So maybe he's catching a cold (again) I'll call his primary on Monday.

N 

Lorita
Posted: Saturday, February 29, 2020 10:40 PM

Hi,

Zetta, I talked with Sarah this evening and she 's still in a lot of pain. They've increased her pain meds so maybe that will help.  I Don't know how she stands so much pain.

Didn't talk with Jack today.  Maybe things will be better before long.

How scary for you having the tree fall on the house. So lucky you or the dogs weren't hurt. I had a tree limb fall on my shoulders several years ago- fresh wood after a storm.  It knocked me flat - really heavy but no injury.

I used to love cornbread crumbled into gravy- kind of the same thing. Bet that was good.  I like cornbread with canned peaches and also with ice cream.

Nicole, a shame your uncle didn't cough while the speech therapist was there so they could come up with something to help.  Like having a toothache, going to the dentist and the pain disappearing.  Have you tried using the thickening agent in his liquids?

I watched vet shows all evening. All good  ones- Dr. Pol and Heartland Vets. Saw my first bovine C- section.  We've had a couple done but I couldn't watch. Christy, the cow we lost early last year had one with her first calf.  She had many babies afterward.

Doing laundry- last load is in the dryer- then I can go to bed.

Hope the boys are cooperative tomorrow and aren't hard to get up.  I dread hearing their mom's bawl for them.

Sounds like it's about time for us to begin wearing masks when we're away from home- or better yet stay home all we can. I do that anyway.  Getting kind of scary.

Tomorrow begins another month.  Hard to believe- seems like last week we were welcoming 2020.  Time flies.

Sleep well tonight.

Lorita
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2020 1:19 PM

Hi,

pretty day but blustery.  It's warm, very windy and partly sunny.

Had three bales of hay put out on this morning.  Girls had gone to graze but came back.  I didn't go out to help, not that I'm much help anyway- all I can do is cut the netwrap off the bales. I can lift a couple of the hayrings but the others are too heavy.  My knees are hurting today.  It only took Mike about 20 minutes to get it done. He has it down to a science.

I called the girls up after they'd eaten hay and laid around some.  Got the boys in the lot with out any trouble.  Just gave them a little hay to occupy them until their ride gets here.  Hate to see them go - they're really pretty.  I told them it was time for them to go off and start their new herds.  I usually shed some tears as they go down the road- they're leaving the only home they know and I know the salesmen is a scary place and so noisy.  I hate them.

Talked to Sarah a couple of minutes- slept a little last night but still in pain. 

Back later.

1:50. Boys are on their way.  They had broken a gate chain between the side lot and the back but were still in the lot.  We got them loaded without much trouble.  Had to get a little feed to entice the first one in the trailer. No tears this time but some sadness. Raymond is like me- hates to sell them.  I'm not good at guessing weights but he said about 800 lbs. Especially the biggest one.  I'll worry until I know they made a safe trip  - about 65 miles.  My daddy could tell the weight of a cow or calf within five pounds less.  Gosh, I do miss him.

That's one thing off my to-do list.  Hope David can work on our road next week.  Rain chances have gone down.  Next will be cleaning out barn, painting barn trim and corrals, replacing utility room floor and panting porches.  Does it ever end?

The DA
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2020 2:40 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have never done this before.  So let me tell you a little of my story.  My husband was diagnosed with ALZ officially 4 years ago, 6 months after my son died.  Of course we knew for a while that there was something terribly wrong.  He has progressed to the point where he is pretty dependent on me for everything.  I do not mind that, but he is so angry all the time.  I have a very large support group, but he is at the point where he is so rude and hateful to everyone, I hate to be around them.  He blames me for what is happening to him, even though I am sure that he knows that is not really true.  He still thinks he can drive, ski, run a marathon, and even have a job, and thinks I am keeping him from those things.  As of yesterday he is refusing to take his meds...and to be honest, I don't fight him anymore.  I spend most of my day hiding in the basement and wishing this was over.  Thanks for listening...feel better just getting this on "paper"

ladyzetta
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2020 3:14 PM

Hi Lorita,    How old are the Boys when they go off to start their herds? Do you send some off each year?  I bet it is very sad too see them go especially how close to get to them. I often wonder how children in 4H can part with the animals they have raised I would find that so hard to do. 

You are so lucky when that limb fell on you it did not break your back. I bet the limb was heavy.   I hope yare are having a restful day. Hugs Zetta 

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2020 3:30 PM

Hi DA...welcome to this very mixed group. If you want, we will join you in the basement.
Lorita
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2020 4:24 PM

JUdith, I just read your post to Tuvalu  where youtold her that her mother was grieving because we husband had to be placed in a facility.  I had never thought of it in that way but I believe that's probably what is happening to Jack and probably also to Patsy. They've been married 58 years and have only been apart when she has been in the hospital.

She's always taken care of finances and that's upon him now. He has struggled but took it on and has dealt with it really well.  Sad when things like this happen.  When we're young and in good health it never enters our mind that something like this might happen and we're just not prepared to cope with it.  Hopefully since she's nearer to their home he can visit more often when he wants to.

Kind of the same thing with Sarah and Todd.  Guess that also goes for all of us who have gone through it.

Sayra
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2020 6:36 PM

Hi DA,  Have spent many hours in my bedroom and car to get away when I still lived with my mom.  I felt guilty about that, just as I feel guilty about finding me a different home.  But you do what you have to do to survive and to be there to pick up things when the shoe drops.  No fight in me either.  Mom had a stroke just about a year ago.  Totally noncompliant.  Im not the only one who can’t reason with her and glad that is on her record in case I’m ever questioned. Take care.  Come and talk any time you need to.  

Sunny day here to Lorita but cold.  Fairly windy.

When something happens to someone it is hard on all who love them.

SQBEAR50
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2020 7:43 PM

Welcome DA, this group of people are so amazing (as you will find out)

Hello everyone, 

Just a lazy Sunday here. Only productive thing I've done is have a 2 hour family conference call with family about our uncle. Looks like we might get some rain????? Sounds like the perfect night for soup.

My cousin should be here in a few days, so we can prepare for court. With over 200 pages of documents not sure what's left to do. Attorney will argue our case, my uncle is being represented by legal aid, coming sometime tomorrow to talk with my uncle. I'm going to show her the report from the neuropsychologist that says uncle is not supposed to attend court as he has no understanding of the proceedings. 

The "other side" (not our family but the 2 people who we have charges against for financial/elder abuse) have been notified about this court date and can attend to fight for guardianship if they want to, but it looks really bad for them.

Have a good evening all,

N

Lorita
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2020 8:17 PM

Hi DA, 

Welcome to the forum. I think most understand what you're going through because at one time or another we've been there.  It's just a part of denentia.

It's always helped me to get what's bothering me down in black and white.  I've done that here for years.  We're really a pretty understanding group of people.  I'll find that sometimes one thing will work and maybe not another time.  Again, welcome, hope you'll post again.

Nicole, sounds like things are moving along.  I can only imagine how hard it is for you. Hope things ready turn  out well.

One mother has been missing and calling her baby.  They never get over being moms. Sweet Pea is still taking care of Billy the Bull and he's two or three. Stormy and Sheena went with me in the Gator to see them late this evening.Everyone had gone off to graze. 

Zetta, my shoulders were sore for a few days- I was lucky.

We've always tried to sell the boys in January when they're ten months or so old.  It was April last year so they have some babies out here. We always do miss them because we've been with them from the time they were born but it's necessary. So, hopefully there won't be babies next winter - probably none until June of this year.

Talked to Jack.  Pats y has not settle in yet- probably will take a couple of weeks.  He's glad she's closer.  Maybe they'll begin therapy tomorrow.

I'm about ready for bed. Hope next week is quiet but still hope David can work on the road while it's dry enough.

The daffodils are beautiful.  The ones at the MH are beginning to bloom. There are several bunches of tiny ones- so cute.  Sandy, the Glory of the Snow flowers are beginning to bloom.

If knee-jerk shows up somewhere I didn't type it seems that's a favorite phrase of this tablet.  Shows up a lot.

Sleep well.  Hope you enjoyed the day.