RSS Feed Print
Observation on having MCI
KawKaw
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 5:53 PM

I find I do not appreciate the TV playing with both sound and picture.

I prefer to either merely listen to it with my eyes closed or to watch it with closed captions on and the sound off.

I wonder if it is that it is too much stimulation to have both coming at me at once?

Anyone else experience this or anything similar?

Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 8:03 PM

I rarely watch tv.  Too many voices droning on and on.  I listen to the radio.  At times, even the radio becomes too much!

Iris

KawKaw
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 10:00 AM

Iris, do you prefer music when you do choose to listen to the radio, or do talking people appeal more to you?

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 7:34 PM

KawKaw, I used to be an avid aficionado of all talk radio.  Now I tend to listen to Christian and Catholic talk radio, also health shows and shows about pets.  There is a travel show on Saturday night.  If I can't sleep after midnight , there is a station  that plays old radio shows from the days before television.   I listen to gospel music and sermons on Sundays.  When I do listen to music, I listen to oldies music; I can't take modern music.  One might think that I'm living in the past, but I like it!  I also like Youtube travel videos and videos about tiny homes.  I can see myself living in a smaller space one day.

Iris