RSS Feed Print
Joey is with the angels
bunifoot
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:01 PM

Hello, I never posted on this site, I was so busy before with caregiving but my dh Joey passed in his sleep this morning at 3:45am.  I asked God to not let him suffer, and after 2 days of extreme agitation following falls on Thurs and Fri, God answered my prayer.  He was stage 6 on a downhill slide since the holidays. As i type this i know you understand,,,,,,,,,,,the only ones who probably do understand. We were planning on looking for a bed in a mc facility today, and his wish was for me to care for him at home but I felt he would of gotten better care there than what I could provide at home, even with hospice involved.  Funny thing now is his kids who couldn't be bothered , cuz they have jobs, little ones and lives were here all day with making arrangements.  Go figure ,,,,,,day late. How do I rid myself of the anger towards them for not seeing there father more .    Maybe time will heal me

thank you for listening,

Julie

ladyzetta
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:09 PM

Julie, I am so sorry to hear this but as you said Joey is with the Angels. Time will heal. Hugs Zetta
Goodtogo
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:09 PM

Julie very sorry for you loss.  In my experience the anger was part of my process in grieving, and you have been grieving for awhile.  I felt similar anger and hurt.   My sibling only became somewhat involved towards the end.  I was glad for my LO.  After my LO passed I felt like the mad hatter,  angry and mad at a lot of people.  After awhile I realized part of my anger came from grief and expectations I had of them.  Consider seeking grief support group when you are ready.  It’s a lonely journey caring for someone with AD IME, and it will take some time to find yourself.  Be patient with yourself, and put your self first you deserve it.  Cyber hugs
Skittles412
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:12 AM

I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your husband Julie.  The only consoling thing about it is that he is not suffering anymore.  As for his kids; that's a tough situation. I had a similar issue only with my siblings. Some of my siblings had nothing to do with my mother when she was first diagnosed and going through all the stages, but the minute she was declining they were right there.  It sickened me.  I felt like they were hovering to get something from her.  It's hard to grieve and carry anger in your heart so I do hope you find a way to separate the two.  It's hard enough to grieve without anger in your heart.  I wish for you peace and the ability to let it go. Bless you.  Sending lots of support and strength your way!

xoxoxo - Kat

TessC
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 10:07 AM

Julie, I am sadden by the loss of your dear Joey. It is hard to see a loved one lose themselves to this disease and anger is a normal feeling and it can be directed towards many things. Sometimes even to the patient. I hope you will have a smooth recovery and do some special things for yourself in the coming months to heal. Take care! Joey is in good hands now.
jb crick
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:08 PM

It is sad to hear of the passing of your loved one. Blessing to you and your family in this time of such sorrow. You are in my prayers. Take care and may God bless you.

John