RSS Feed Print
Ample reason to brag.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 3:17 PM

Don’t worry. Be happy. I’ve decided to make that my sacred mission. For the rest of my life. Starting today. And forevermore. Plain and simple. The credo by which I will live. To which I pledge holy allegiance. Hey. That’s far better than being an unhappy worry wart. I’m tired of a negative approach to life. So much wasteful time spent in my 83 years, and counting. I intend to be Positive Jim. From here on out. I’ll build on it. One day at a time. I’ll announce my progress. Every 100 days or so. In my unrelenting march to perfection. Don’t become annoyed. If I sound like a braggart. Please give me credit. For having ample reason to brag. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:11 PM

I wonder. If it’s humanly possible. To keep one’s mind. Occupied. Exclusively. With happy thoughts. For a full day. Maybe I have. Without knowing it. I hope so. But hey. I intend to put my curiosity to an actual test. Maybe on Christmas Day.Tell me, folks, is it common to get through a solid day without a single negative thought? Or are we doomed to gloom? --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:45 PM

I find it easier. Laughing at myself. Than at others. I take it. That’s a good sign. But to tell the truth. My best days. Are when I laugh at everybody. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 8:17 PM

I choose. What to think about.  But I am open to suggestions. Especially if it’s good stuff. That will  cultivate my mind. And make me happy. --Jim

ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 8:35 PM

Jim Broede wrote:
I wonder. If it’s humanly possible. To keep one’s mind. Occupied. Exclusively. With happy thoughts. For a full day. Maybe I have. Without knowing it. I hope so. But hey. I intend to put my curiosity to an actual test. Maybe on Christmas Day.Tell me, folks, is it common to get through a solid day without a single negative thought? Or are we doomed to gloom? --Jim

Actually, I kinda prefer the solitude on Christmas day.  Everyone will be at sister's house and then my sisters and niece might stop by to visit.  Just for a bit.  I'm ok with that.  I think dad, Cookie, and I will be just fine with no negativity.  
I'm kinda liking this.  Calm Holidays doing whatever I want.  

ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 8:56 PM

Jim, I truly believe if we sing this song over and over on Christmas day, we'll be ok!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?vk5WsPYcj5Y

ENJOY!

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2018 11:43 AM

The presence of Ruth Mendez. In Musings. Makes me happy. That's all it takes sometimes. A solitary individual.   -Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2018 11:52 AM

Amazing. How happy thoughts pop up. Out of nowhere. They keep coming and coming and coming. Non-stop. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 12:21 AM

Looks like we’ll have a brown Christmas. In my part of Minnesota. That makes me happy. Brown is just as good as white. For several weeks, temperatures have been running 10 to 20 degrees above normal. No big snow storms so far. They’ve steered around us. No direct hits. We’re also still waiting for our first sub-zero spell. Again , no complaints. Could it be another sign of global warming? --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:25 AM

Some days. I just feel like going back to bed.  To find happiness. In quiet solitude. Excuse me. I'm on my way. Now. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 12:04 PM

I’m tempted. To withdraw from the world. For 40 days and  40 nights. To walk into the desert. Or the frozen tundra. Away from people and civilization. I’m told that Jesus did that. And that it helped him. Get his head screwed on straight. During this time, it’s alleged, that Satan appeared to Jesus and tried to tempt him. Apparently, Jesus resisted. Successfully.   And got his life’s purpose right. Maybe we all should give it a try. Yes. A worthy investment. Of a mere 40 days and 40 nights. How many of you are up to it? Wouldn’t it be nice? To follow in Jesus’ footsteps. On the Judean Desert. Could be the experience of a lifetime. Maybe even better than visiting Italy for 40 days and 40 nights. --Jim

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 12:27 PM

Jim Broede wrote:

...Maybe we all should give it a try. Yes. A worthy investment. Of a mere 40 days and 40 nights. How many of you are up to it? Wouldn’t it be nice? .. On the Judean Desert. Could be the experience of a lifetime. Maybe even better than visiting Italy for 40 days and 40 nights. --Jim

Jim!  I don't even do Lent!  You expect me to do 40 days and nights in some desert?!  Heck to the NO!
Only special folks can do something like that! I don't even like driving from CA to AZ!

I prefer Italy.  Sorry guys!