RSS Feed Print
The Holidays Especially Christmas
just exhibit Love
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2018 2:07 PM

I find it hard at times because I reflect back on my Life and the many friends and relatives that have passed before me..

The good food and friends and family laughing and being at peace and spending precious time together..

The older I get  the more I cherish those memories and Look back and feel gratitude that I had such good friends and parents that loved me.

I miss Margie especially at Christmas..she Loved to cook and find just the right gift for each family member she was such a unique and special human being before alzheimers..and she did not deserve alzheimers she was such a good mom and friend to me.

I wish everyone here a Merry Christmas..

I have cherished this forum for years because it was a soft place to fall when I needed one..and  I am still here to give what I can to those that are still in the journey with their Loved one..

Namaste

Love Rosie

chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2018 5:10 PM

I think that's a perfect phrasing, Rosie. A soft place to fall. That's something we all need from time to time, because falling is what we do. All too often we end up with only a hard place to fall, with hard lessons learned the hard way.

I believe, that with folks like you, and so many others here, it can continue to be that soft place, where the counsel of soft hearts can make the difference between what seems like no place to fall, and not falling at all.

Blessings for this Christmas, and many more to come.

Wgonzo
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 6:56 PM

Rosie,

I'm right there with you. The years are flying by and I don't know how I got to be 55. Wasn't I 22 the other day? LOL!

I now understand why my dad would get weepy during the holidays. I didn't get it when I was young, but I do now. So many family & friends have passed and at Christmas we miss them.

Although this was a very emotional year for us I was determined to make this Christmas a nice one. We enjoyed it last night and we talked about our parents without breaking down. I wanted it to be comfy & cozy in pjs with comfort food. We enjoyed each others company and I can honestly say it was fun. So I think this will be our new tradition.

I am grateful for this forum & everyone who has given me strength & hope when I didn't have any.

Merry Christmas..........here is hoping the New Year brings peace, healing & happiness

Wendy