RSS Feed Print
Only in my dreams.
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:06 PM

The aging process. Trying to understand and grasp it. What am I supposed to feel like? Now that I’m 83. Am I normal or abnormal for my age? Being who and what I used to be. That’s impossible. In many, many ways. Have I adjusted to the changes? Adequately. In order to make the most of what I’ve become. Sometimes it scares me. Becoming aware. That I’ve lost stamina and dexterity and know-how. Can’t perform like 50 years ago. Of course, that’s to be expected. But am I in worse or better shape than most octogenarians? How do I evaluate my situation? Where do I fit in? What can I do? To excel. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. Now that I’m an old fart. I suspect. That it’s never time to wave the white flag of surrender. Better to pursue the reasonably good life. Right up to the end. I’d like to proceed. Without limits. But maybe that can be accomplished. Only in my dreams.  Thank gawd. I’ve become a dreamer. --Jim
chrisp1653
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:59 PM

Since when has it made any difference how you stack up against other oldsters ? You don't play the averages anyway. Your best comparison is against yourself. Set your own standard.

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2019 6:01 PM

Interesting. How do we share what we have become. How do you, Jim, plan to share what you have become?
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2019 10:06 PM

I love to share dreams. And all sorts of thoughts. --Jim
w/e
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 11:46 AM

The aging process. The sands of time. Chronological age. Physiological age. Psychological age. What is normal, eh? There is no perfection in all of this.

In my opinion, Old Jim, oftentimes, you sound pretty young to me. Good for you. That is what I like about you. Young at heart. And thoughts. That is your beauty. And your vitality.

As for me, 72 y/o, the gods have been good to me. For the most part, I have been blessed... I have lived. A fully-lived. Long-lived. Well-lived life. Accepting. Bending with the wind. Adjusting. Adapting... I hope to grow old, old, with grace. Until the grandeur of my time in the here-and-now runs out.

But more importantly. No matter what the fates throw at me around the bend. I think I will die peacefully. Serene. Content. For I have loved. And I have been loved.

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 12:52 PM

w/e wrote:

The aging process. The sands of time. Chronological age. Physiological age. Psychological age. What is normal, eh? There is no perfection in all of this.

In my opinion, Old Jim, oftentimes, you sound pretty young to me. Good for you. That is what I like about you. Young at heart. And thoughts. That is your beauty. And your vitality.

As for me, 72 y/o, the gods have been good to me. For the most part, I have been blessed... I have lived. A fully-lived. Long-lived. Well-lived life. Accepting. Bending with the wind. Adjusting. Adapting... I hope to grow old, old, with grace. Until the grandeur of my time in the here-and-now runs out.

But more importantly. No matter what the fates throw at me around the bend. I think I will die peacefully. Serene. Content. For I have loved. And I have been loved.

It’s your love story, w/e. That emerged. Immediately. Years ago. That made you significant. Our vibes connected. I knew. Without hesitation. That you were a genuine lover.  The real thing. True to yourself.  True to your lover. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:37 AM

Dreaming is the only way to stay alive. When I stop dreaming. I'll be dead and gone. --Jim