RSS Feed Print
Trusting friendships.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 9:11 AM

Face it, folks. We’re all strangers. Relatively speaking. We don’t really know each other. We’re more secretive than open.  We haven’t met. Other than on these message boards. With rare exception, we don’t even use our real names. We form judgments. Opinions. About each other. On a tentative basis. I do it. More out of curiosity. Than anything. I’m a self-trained sleuth.  Intrigued. By people, in general. But how many people do I know? Intimately. Very personally. When maybe I don’t even know myself. I’ve truly fallen in love. Twice. In a lifetime. Not bad.  I suspect that some don’t even fall once. That is, in a true sense. But what’s true and isn’t true? We have our own definitions.  And most proceed. Based on faith.  That’s how we get through life. Learning to trust each other. I am fortunate. In fact, blessed. Having friends that I trust. --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 11:06 AM

I feel that I know some people here intimately since we are safe to reveal ourselves. People here know more about me than close friends made elsewhere.

True love? The criteria? Did I not truly Teddy who gave me my first kiss? Did I not love Peter who I was pinned to? Did I not love Ernie who sang Johnny Mathis songs to me while dancing?

Did I not love Hugh who was the quarter back of the HS team and asked me to the Kickoff dance? Did I not love Jimmy who took me for boat rides on Lake Geneva? 

Five. I loved each deeply.

Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 5:24 PM

jfkoc wrote:

I feel that I know some people here intimately since we are safe to reveal ourselves. People here know more about me than close friends made elsewhere.

True love? The criteria? Did I not truly Teddy who gave me my first kiss? Did I not love Peter who I was pinned to? Did I not love Ernie who sang Johnny Mathis songs to me while dancing?

Did I not love Hugh who was the quarter back of the HS team and asked me to the Kickoff dance? Did I not love Jimmy who took me for boat rides on Lake Geneva? 

Five. I loved each deeply.

You are a true lover, Judith. In your own way. --Jim