RSS Feed Print
In my 20s and dealing with mother's dementia
greenkittyaqua
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 3:30 PM

hi, my mother has dementia and  we have been dealing with this since I was 19. I'm now 29, married, and in a differenr state. My mother is in a nursing home since my family and I couldn't care for her anymore. Being in quaranrine has caused me to face a cocktail of emotions and required me to seek therapy.

I miss my mother everyday and I've been crying over her not being well. My therapist said that I'm grieving her.  I agree and it sucks. I want my mom back so bad. I'm jealous of people my age who still have thier parents. I'm so crazy jealous and it hurts because my mom isn't coming back. There's no cure for dementia and she's only going to get worse. I'd tried to look on the bright side, but I can't. I'm so angry about it all. I feel losr, angry, betrayed by God, and just all around hurt. Will these feelings go away? Will this get easier with time?

MissHer
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 9:42 PM

Hi and I'm so sorry. Your mom doesn't sound older like most of our LO's here. I think it's pretty normal to grieve while their still here. I sure did and still do. I'm so sorry that your mom has this dreadful disease. 

You will get more support in the caregiver section. 

You're in my prayers