RSS Feed Print
No escaping. What we've become.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:08 PM

Maybe we aren’t who we think we are. Yes. Leading lives of self-deception. Not only fooling others. But ourselves, too. I suspect. That many of us are hiding from our real selves.  Because it’s too scary to face the brutal and harsh truth. Makes me wonder. If the biggest sin of all. Is to tell lies. Endlessly. That seems to be happening today. Our so-called leaders. Don’t have any qualms of conscience. They tell bold-faced lie upon lie upon lie. It’s the accepted way of politics. Wish it weren’t so. But here we are. Caught in a deep quagmire of lies. Can’t tell truth from fiction anymore. Please tell me. It ain’t so. That would be another lie. Sadly. There’s no escaping. What we’ve become. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2018 6:51 AM

Quagmire. It’s one of my favorite words. Ironic, isn’t it? That I’m caught up in a quagmire. Makes me uneasy. About life. Wish I could get out of this quagmire. What about the rest of you? It’s time to muse. About how we’ll find solid ground again. --Jim

a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot.

"torrential rain turned the building site into a quagmire"

synonyms:

swamp, morass, bog, marsh, muskeg, mire, slough;

archaicquag

"the field became a quagmire"

·        an awkward, complex, or hazardous situation.

"a legal quagmire"

synonyms:

muddle, mix-up, mess, predicament, mare's nest, can of worms, quandary, tangle, imbroglio;

trouble, confusion, difficulty;

informalsticky situation, pickle, stew, dilemma, fix, bind

"a judicial quagmire"