RSS Feed Print
Savoring it all.(1)
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 3:02 PM

Funny.  How I take most criticism. As compliments. The other day. Someone meant it as a slam. When claiming I have three ‘enablers’ in our musing forum. I take it. That enablers. Are fans. Supporters. Maybe even friends. Hey. If I have three enabling friends. That’s wonderful. I know recluses that don’t have any. Furthermore. I’ve had two true loves. That’s spectacular. I know plenty of people. In fact, too many.  Who have lived and died.  Without experiencing true love. Obviously.  I’ve been blessed. With quality life. If there’s eternal recurrence. So be it. I’ll take it. So that I can live my life over and over again. Sure, I’ll have to endure some sad and regretful moments. But wow!  Overall. I'll have no reason to complain. Might even gain some fruitful insights.  For one thing. . I’d take more time. To muse. To reflect. To ponder. Yes,  savoring it all. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 11:31 AM

It’s possible. To enable one’s friends and associates. In good ways. And bad ways, too. For instance, I have an alcoholic friend or two. If I enable them to drink – well, that’s very bad. On the other hand, if I enable them to exercise and to read books. That can be taken as helpful and good. Some people tell me that I think too much. And that those who encourage me to think even more. Qualify as the bad kind of enablers. Of course, I think of thinking as a positive vice. Can’t do too much of it. --Jim