RSS Feed Print
Isn't that the purpose of life?
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2018 11:34 AM

Maybe that’s the purpose of life. To put time to a useful purpose.  Thinking. Thinking. Thinking. And then acting. As if one is truly living. The fabulous story of one’s life. One can pick and choose. Chapter and verse. In well-ordered sequence. Or in disarray. Doesn’t matter. Some days, my life unfolds poetically. In a love sonnet. Other days, it’s a short story. With plenty of pathos.  Or a play. Full of melodrama. To suit my mood. To laugh or cry. I am feeling the gamut of human emotions.  Spiritual, too. Isn’t that the purpose of life? --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2018 4:26 PM

I wonder.  If making lots and lots of money. Often becomes a vile purpose of life. One must be careful. --Jim

ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2018 5:10 PM

Jim Broede wrote:

I wonder.  If making lots and lots of money. Often becomes a vile purpose of life. One must be careful. --Jim

I guess I won't ever know....lost again on both the Mega and Powerball.  

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2018 5:29 PM

Maybe the purpose of life. Should be. To achieve some semblance of human decency. Individually. And collectively. I could buy into that. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2018 11:00 PM

ruthmendez wrote:
Jim Broede wrote:

I guess I won't ever know....lost again on both the Mega and Powerball.  

The nice thing about you, Ruth, is your ability to dream about being a big winner. To tell the truth, you are a winner. In stuff that counts. Such as caring. And taking charge. Don't ever underestimate yourself. You've got savvy. And I suspect, a likeable personality. All this counts more than money. You are rich in other ways. And by all means, believe in yourself. --Jim