RSS Feed Print
What's the difference?
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 10:38 AM

I wonder. As I get older. If I spend more time thinking about life. Than actually living life. And what’s the difference? Between living and thinking? Isn’t it all one and the same? --Jim

Underdog
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 11:44 AM

I don't know if you realize this but you have presented this musing many times before. There may be some slight alteration or change in nuance, but you have inundated us with your questions about thinking and musing.

I think you have exhausted our ability to come up with a response to this query.

If there were somebody out there with an answer to your musings about thinking, they would have responded by now to your other threads.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 12:45 PM

Nothing wrong with having a common theme to what one writes and thinks. That's how one makes a point. With a little bit of repetition. If others don't  like it, that's tough. Better to merely ignore it. Not to get hot and bothered. I'm open to allowing people to be their repetitive selves. So what? It's no skin off my back. To each his own. We can learn to co-exist. And to even be pleasant about it. Better than being snide. Ho hum. Ho hum. Off to work we go. --Jim
Underdog
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 1:09 PM

Yes there is something wrong with it, it's boring and disrespectful.

If you're going to brag about being a writer, write something.

Underdog
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 2:25 PM

Oh, and by the way, you've mused about repetition before as well.

Here:

https://www.alzconnected.org/discussion.aspx?g=posts&t=2147544192

I think you would have to show me where it's beneficial to repeat yourself to this degree.

On a site that you haven't had a relative connection with for a decade.

You don't understand what we are going through. You certainly don't understand what I'm going through.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 4:22 PM

Don’t underestimate me, Underdog. I do understand what you are going through. To a significant degree. Not perfect, by any means. Not exactly the same as you. But give me credit for being a care-giver for 13 years. Much of it 24/7. Everyone’s experience is different. At least somewhat. But I feel for you. In my own limited way. Sure, I  could do a better job of understanding you. We have different perspectives. On Alzheimer’s. And how to go about care-giving. Merely dealing with the stress of it. You and I are different people. We cope in different ways. But like you, I feel that I was misunderstood. By the onlookers. And even by other care-givers. When I was active caring for dear Jeanne. I still care, incidentally. As a part-time volunteer. Meanwhile, let’s try a little bit harder. To understand each other.  To not allow our personalities to clash. That’s what this is all about, really. --Jim

Underdog
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 4:57 PM

Sure would like to see where you tried to understand me.

I can't understand you at all.

I will tell you something and you will say something about be true to yourself or some such thing.

It's frustrating.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 9:09 PM

Underdog wrote:

Sure would like to see where you tried to understand me.

I can't understand you at all.

I will tell you something and you will say something about be true to yourself or some such thing.

It's frustrating.

I’m an optimist, Underdog. I believe that both of us are making honest attempts to understand each other. Let’s keep trying. In a friendly manner. Maybe there’ll be a breakthrough. It’s happened before. I used to misunderstand some people who have become best friends. By believing in each other. It’s thrilling. And joyful. When that happens. –Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 9:35 PM

You say you can't understand me, Underdog.  Yet you are able to judge me.  Negatively. Isn't that putting the cart before the horse? Yes. Understanding should come first. Try harder. Like Andy did. I'll try to help --Jim
chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 11:35 PM

If repetition is boring and disrespectful, then I would put forth the idea that all of the boards here are boring and disrespectful, because people are writing every day about one thing or another that has frequently been discussed in a prior post. Are we all going to be required to search the archives to be sure that what we write is a new and refreshing topic ?

Yeah, I think Jim sometimes attacks a point from a dozen different angles, and that may be boring, but so what ? I hardly think that it's disrespectful.