RSS Feed Print
A specialized lover, am I.
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 4:04 AM

I try to ignore much of what’s happening. Daily. Around me. Stuff near and far. I could do more. To help strangers, for instance. Such as visiting a nursing home.  Looking for someone who’s alone. Who seldom, if ever, has a visitor. I don’t take enough time to help others. Finding it too convenient to live too much of my life in relative isolation. Rather than actively looking for the needy.  And to do something about it. Of course, I make exceptions. I do some good deeds. To salve my conscience. If I were a more decent being, I’d go out of my way to help others.  Not only becoming more observant. But more compelled to do something about it. In significant ways. Instead. I sit at home. Consumed with myself. And by falling in love. With dear Jeanne. For 38 years. Now with Cristina.  For 10 years, and counting. That’s my way of being a lover.  Focusing on one or two. Giving it my all. In the process, I ignore so many others. But do you know what?  I ain’t going on a guilt trip. I’ll continue being a specialized lover. --Jim
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 11:53 AM

Well.....good for you Jim!  Yeah, I say, no guilt trips...they're no fun.  I prefer a trip overseas, but first Rio (during Mardi Gras)...then on some cruises.....

Right now my niece is in Hawaii with her friend. I just saw some pictures of her a little while ago enjoying the beach....I'm glad she's doing that...(although, she should not be missing any classes, but you know youngsters)...she seems to know how to live life.  I hope she continues that way and do well.  Recently, she invited me to Disneyland, and I felt so old.  I didn't realize I would ever feel that way, when the youngsters know a whole lot more than me...I felt like I had to follow her around to not get lost. Then she took me on the "Guardians of Galaxy, Breakout" ride.  It used to be called the "Tower of Terror".  I always wondered what it was like, so I finally went....never again.  

That was one hell of a ride for sure!  The scariest thing I've ever been on!  I was left literally trembling all over my body and I had trouble walking out.  I was panting.  So scared and shocked.  The worst part was when the ride took us all the way to the top, the doors opened to look at the whole scenery, then the ride dropped at a massive rate to hell below.  

Never again! You hear me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzKZywOBKZ4

BlossomsPack
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 12:18 PM

Interesting yet disturbing that you would herald isolation and oblivion, Jim. This is a sign of withdrawal and in the extreme, alarming. Hopefully your neighbors are checking on you.
Wait.What?
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 11:43 PM

Good for you, Jim!  Focusing on what makes you happy and what matters most to you is imperative to your mental and physical health. As an introvert, I need more "me" time than most.  I find that drama and chaos just suck the life out of me. I haven't watched a news show or been on social media since the last national election and find I am happier because of it.  When I feel the calling to do more, I will. Until then, I continue to remind myself of why I am here, who I am and celebrate my self awareness.